Online now
Online now

The good and bad of being a brat

Dom Pinnacle​(dom male)
2 years ago • Dec 20, 2021
Dom Pinnacle​(dom male) • Dec 20, 2021
Here's a question. Can there possibly be a good and bad way to be a brat? Or is it all good?

I'm used to women being brats. I'm not used to women calling themselves brats.

If you have something constructive, school me. But don't teach while insulting.
ButterfliesAndCuffs​(sub female)
Dom Pinnacle wrote:
Butterflies, ok you just made me laugh with the, "snot and not a brat" line.

In my life I've come across women I considered brats. And when I saw it online I immediately thought of a person that is purposefully difficult, disruptive, rude, and disrespectful. So initially I wasn't having it. I've read some profiles and realize it can be all in fun. And if it's understood between the couple, it can possibly work. So now I won't write a self proclaimed brat off. I'll ask the necessary questions.

I’ve found snottiness is more tolerable. 😆

It’s great to change your perspective. As PrecorX stated in her post, we’re all individuals so it’s best not to come into it with preconceived notions.
Lady Char​(sub female)
Lady Char​(sub female) • Dec 20, 2021
LongerJohnny wrote:
CharBunny wrote:
As much as I'm enjoying this little spat (would anyone else like popcorn?), I feel like you're being a bit pedantic in your interpretation of his question just because... I guess you don't like each other?

To me that 'when' reads as "at what level" rather than "at what time". The key word that gives that impression is the inclusion of the word 'being'.

Perhaps you are correct. I concede that I may have misinterpreted that.
I am very interested in your opinion of the rest of it.
And no, there is no personal like or dislike.

Noooooooooooooo. I just wrote out a long, considered response to this and it disappeared. Gah!!!

I laid out my feelings on being a brat earlier in the post, but as it was before the arguing I guess it was easy to miss. In terms of the questions, the one relating to therapy I think relates to the post a couple of weeks ago which did not impress me. I am a highly successful person, I am a well adjusted adult. I do not need psychological help to overcome any issues. I've seen similar comments aimed at Littles and to me it's kink shaming.

Do brats get a bad rap? Yes. Is it deserved? Sometimes. I spend a lot of time elsewhere in a 24/7 munch and there are a group of brats in there (younger, mostly. In their 20s) who are, let's face it, annoying. They were told off for their behaviour the other day and their response was that they can't help it. They're brats. No. You are in control of your behaviour and there is a time and a place. IMO that's with your Dominant within your dynamic. Enforcing it on a group of people trying to have a kink chat is disrespectful and disruptive. It's also akin to role playing. When Pets and Littles engage in that, they are shut down. The same should apply to brats.

What do I expect from my Dominant? I expect them to enjoy it, and to play with me. My bratting mostly takes the form of mental banter or little mind games like finding loopholes. It is supposed to be entertaining. It also allows ne to "test" my Dominant (another of the questions) by seeing if he can outsmart or outmanoeuvre me. No, I don't do it all the time, because that would be exhausting and annoying for both parties. I look for intellect and intelligence in a Dominant, it's something I need to be able to submit, and this is a way to see and feel that, and try to test myself against it. I'm not looking to win (I don't want to win), just to play. I had a better answer to this typed out, but it ran away...
Lady Char​(sub female)
ButterfliesAndCuffs wrote:
Dom Pinnacle wrote:
Butterflies, the word brat doesn't exactly invoke warm and fuzzy feelings, now does it?

I’m sure it does for the brat tamers.

This is very much a personal thing, but I don't really like the term brat tamers. I'm not looking for a tamer, more a handler. Someone who wants to play with me and (I've used this terns before, but I like it) dance with me. Not squash me. Tamer implies they're going to break or reduce the brat somehow, into an obedient little submissive.

I'm an obedient little submissive when that's what my Dominant wants, because I want to please him. He doesn't need to tame me to get me there.
Dom Pinnacle​(dom male)
Dom Pinnacle​(dom male) • Dec 20, 2021
CharBunny, thank you. Your last post was beautifully written. That's EXACTLY the kind of response I was looking for.
ButterfliesAndCuffs​(sub female)
CharBunny wrote:
Dom Pinnacle wrote:
Butterflies, the word brat doesn't exactly invoke warm and fuzzy feelings, now does it?

This is very much a personal thing, but I don't really like the term brat tamers. I'm not looking for a tamer, more a handler. Someone who wants to play with me and (I've used this terns before, but I like it) dance with me. Not squash me. Tamer implies they're going to break or reduce the brat somehow, into an obedient little submissive.

I'm an obedient little submissive when that's what my Dominant wants, because I want to please him. He doesn't need to tame me to get me there.

I understand. Apologies. I had written “I’m sure it does for the Doms that like brats” but it sounded weird to me. Perhaps I should say “brat lovers”. 😉
Lady Char​(sub female)
CharBunny wrote:
Dom Pinnacle wrote:

I understand. Apologies. I had written “I’m sure it does for the Doms that like brats” but it sounded weird to me. Perhaps I should say “brat lovers”. 😉

No apologies icon_smile.gif Just a personal thing because a "brat handler" is what I'm after lol Brat tamer is totally the "accepted term"
LongerJohnny​(dom male)
LongerJohnny​(dom male) • Dec 20, 2021
CharBunny wrote:
Dom Pinnacle wrote:

This is very much a personal thing, but I don't really like the term brat tamers. I'm not looking for a tamer, more a handler. Someone who wants to play with me and (I've used this terns before, but I like it) dance with me. Not squash me. Tamer implies they're going to break or reduce the brat somehow, into an obedient little submissive

I feel that way about the word "trainer" as well. The both sound more like someone who is trying to "domesticate" someone as though they were an animal.
I don't believe that that is what is meant by the terms, at least not always, but they always sounded to me to be a bit dismissive.