Online now
Online now

Forum Fightclub

Solace​(dom male)
1 month ago • Mar 18, 2024
Solace​(dom male) • Mar 18, 2024
I agree with Satindragon. Its poor taste to attack people instead of the argument but we see it regularly, sometimes as a first response. Its a pattern that someone gets offended, the conversation escalates, and then neither side backs down. It ruins conversations for the rest of the community. I recognize a persons right to defend themselves when they feel slighted but I do wish there existed a better podium for them to do so. Some alternative place people could be shoved into for settling their differences. Who would moderate that though and be trusted to do so justly....not feasible in my current mind.
Literate Lycan​(dom male)
Literate Lycan​(dom male) • Mar 18, 2024
Solace wrote:
For starters, not everything needs a reply. We have some senior community members who do a truly exemplary job at saying their piece in the conversation and then dipping out even when digs have been made at them. (For the love god please don't prove me wrong immediately after I post this. I'm really counting on you.) I confess though it’s a hard itch not to scratch, and I certainly have fallen down that hole myself.

Darn it all, Solace. Now I must delete the positively humorous response that I spent literally several minutes crafting to witty perfection. Ah, but you make perfect sense and I respect you. Plus, apparently I’m a coward so there is that.

I will defer to your calmer judgment and delete my proposed post. However, it was going to be grand! (I did read it to SatinDragon and she did laugh)

Thank you for proving the calmer mind.
Satindragon
Satindragon • Mar 18, 2024
I will defer to your calmer judgment and delete my proposed post. However, it was going to be grand! (I did read it to SatinDragon and she did laugh)

@LL, I did laugh. But deleting it was the right thing to do
Solace​(dom male)
Solace​(dom male) • Mar 18, 2024
Literate Lycan wrote:
Solace wrote:
For starters, not everything needs a reply. We have some senior community members who do a truly exemplary job at saying their piece in the conversation and then dipping out even when digs have been made at them. (For the love god please don't prove me wrong immediately after I post this. I'm really counting on you.) I confess though it’s a hard itch not to scratch, and I certainly have fallen down that hole myself.

Darn it all, Solace. Now I must delete the positively humorous response that I spent literally several minutes crafting to witty perfection. Ah, but you make perfect sense and I respect you. Plus, apparently I’m a coward so there is that.

Thank you for proving the calmer mind.

This "calm" mind is only trying to age as something closer to wine than the vinegar it is. I fear the process is irreversible once its begun though, hopefully one way or another I'll at least eventually go well with a salad.

It would be crass to say which individual(s) my post was referring to, but I will add that I'm grateful for entering my plead in parenthesis. By googles definition I'm a coward for lacking the wherewithal to endure the unpleasantness of certain vegetables so if its any consolation you could join me over in Cowards Corner which is a fantastic bar name I need to copyright.
Innocent Me​(sub female){Protected}
Satindragon wrote:
I can understand debating an issue. However I hate it when people attack the person. If we all agreed on every single issue the world would be a very boring place.

*Gasp* We don't all have to agree on every single issue?! I don't think everyone got that memo, maybe we should start handing out flyers. Lol

I agree with above comments on not needing to reply to everything. I've had to walk away from an attack, excused myself right out of that conversation and moved on with my life. Maybe that's something that should be included in the flyers. Heh
Literate Lycan​(dom male)
Literate Lycan​(dom male) • Mar 18, 2024
[quote="Solace"]
Literate Lycan wrote:
["join me over in Cowards Corner which is a fantastic bar name I need to copyright."

Sir,

If you build it I will come. I could definitely sidle up to the bar in a place called the Coward's Corner. You truly should.

Is the first round on the house for us elder patrons? Scotch, neat, please.

Thank you for having a stellar and objective perspective.

v/r
LL
shebakesalot​(sub female)
shebakesalot​(sub female) • Mar 18, 2024
If I feel like I don't have anything productive to add, I will refrain from chiming in. But sometimes the sassy side will decide otherwise lol but even then, I do my best to not be a dick about it. Re: forum/internet fighting specifically, I think it's the lack of accountability that makes people more brazen with the keyboard. Half the things people say in forums or online they would neverrrr say to someone's face.
TopekaDom​(dom male)
TopekaDom​(dom male) • Mar 18, 2024
shebakesalot wrote:
Half the things people say in forums or online they would neverrrr say to someone's face.

I am much more offensive in someone's face.

But mostly I think that is because of my breath
shebakesalot​(sub female)
shebakesalot​(sub female) • Mar 18, 2024
TopekaDom wrote:
shebakesalot wrote:
Half the things people say in forums or online they would neverrrr say to someone's face.

I am much more offensive in someone's face.
I stand corrected! haha
Miki
Miki • Mar 18, 2024
TopekaDom wrote:
The first rule of Forum Fight Club is we don't talk about Forum Fight Clube

Indeed... Some might blink if they see me listed on this thread after I briefly ran off the rails last year so definitel don't "put up your dukes"

But from then on I vowed to behave myself and not log in when I fel especially... irritated.

Actually wise practice for all. This is a nice site overall. It's up to us to keep it that way.