Online now
Online now

Potential site improvements?

SubmissiveScorpion​(sub female){Sir Bandit}
9 months ago • Jul 10, 2023
I am not looking anymore but when I was I became frustrated by the same 10 dudes being listed as “online.”

I think some of them never sign out. Maybe it’s also because I access the site from my phone but I feel like with as many members as The CAGE has, I shouldn’t be seeing the same people in the “currently online” section. Very rarely would I see any new “faces” on there. I almost have the list memorized by this point.
autisticbarbie
autisticbarbie • Jul 10, 2023
I don't like that we can't link to other sites or mention that we are on other sites. I get the non-commercial intent, but it's just bad marketing and business. It's hard to get good content on a site that won't let you link in my opinion. Bond is annoying asf too. Deleting people's blog posts because you don't agree with them is stupid as well. And letting other users auto delete your blog posts because they don't like you is ridiculous. I find tons of peoples stuff offensive, so I just click off or tell them to their faces that they suck and keep it moving. Just my .02 - I like the community on here a lot.
autisticbarbie
autisticbarbie • Jul 10, 2023
People used to say they saw my ass online every time they logged in. I never signed out, but was not always online and didn't realize this was a thing. I think you are on to something here. Maybe the SEO bumps premium members, because I was premium at the time?

SubmissiveScorpion wrote:
I am not looking anymore but when I was I became frustrated by the same 10 dudes being listed as “online.”

I think some of them never sign out. Maybe it’s also because I access the site from my phone but I feel like with as many members as The CAGE has, I shouldn’t be seeing the same people in the “currently online” section. Very rarely would I see any new “faces” on there. I almost have the list memorized by this point.
Solace​(dom male)
9 months ago • Jul 11, 2023
Solace​(dom male) • Jul 11, 2023
It's likely your phone, or possibly your pc internet cookie settings. If you don't physically log out, either of these will keep you "logged in". Phones are the worst at this as many people don't close a webpage on their phone when they are done with it, and even if they do phones might keep the login live.
I'mME
I'mME • Jul 11, 2023
Miki wrote:
... My "contact list" is empty. I fly by the seat of my pants in here, figuratively speaking.. These Out of the Blue appearances in either Bond or sometimes my Inbox are often from men I never contacted before.

Not a big deal, just strange.. and such ambushes are fewer and further in between... maybe they check out profiles more often.

No big deal.. Thanx

Miki,

You are on others contact list.
I'mME
I'mME • Jul 11, 2023
So If you block someone they can still read your blogs? You can't block on the blogs page itself?

Perhaps this is a good place to pose this question.

I'm not sure if I remember correctly something about only older members could put more then 2 or 3 pictures up on the profile page.

Am I remembering it wrong.

Then I thought I had read 5 could be posted if one was a paid member!

Thanks for any help.
I'mME
I'mME • Jul 11, 2023
SubmissiveScorpion wrote:

How would you control that? Maybe, lol, they are online all the time.
K y i v
K y i v • Jul 11, 2023
I'mME wrote:
So If you block someone they can still read your blogs? You can't block on the blogs page itself?

Perhaps this is a good place to pose this question.

I'm not sure if I remember correctly something about only older members could put more then 2 or 3 pictures up on the profile page.

Am I remembering it wrong.

Then I thought I had read 5 could be posted if one was a paid member!

Thanks for any help.

10 pics for premium members.
You cannot block from reading your blogs. You can block them from commenting. Automatically done when you block them anywhere
SynUnrestricted​(dom female)
An ability to show if one has experience.
Example:
"This person's experience level is : Novice"

So that people will have a better understanding when looking for a partner.

---
Ability to search by role, gender/ gender identity, location, etc

---
Ability to categorize your own blog into sections.
Miki
9 months ago • Jul 15, 2023
Miki • Jul 15, 2023
I'mME wrote:
Miki wrote:
... My "contact list" is empty. I fly by the seat of my pants in here, figuratively speaking.. These Out of the Blue appearances in either Bond or sometimes my Inbox are often from men I never contacted before.

Not a big deal, just strange.. and such ambushes are fewer and further in between... maybe they check out profiles more often.

No big deal.. Thanx

Miki,

You are on others contact list.

So people can add others to their "contact lists" without asking them if it's cool? Not that it bothers me. I'm not in here often and when I do log in, it's not for long intervals. Just curious. After all, dick-slingers whom I never met in here before pounce within 5 seconds of me logging on... Does that mean I (or anyone) can be added to contact lists without ever making contact?

Enquiring minds want to know!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for someone (If I go back to get the usename I'll have to write all this shit over again) who said one cannot mention "other sites" on the forums. Well I have seen plenty of mentions of FetLife.... But the context usually is that FetLife is not quite the same as Cage. Same clientele but different overall experience.

Anyway I have seen it, whether it was later zapped by management or not I cannot say. I just know I won't go on that other site because I don't need to locate the next munch or hook up with any Online creatures.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: As for "those same ten dudes" appearing Online, yes, as Solace wrote it could be an improper log-off, or a phone. I do not access this place anywhere but from my PC in my home. Definitely not into the phone scene.

Also there are some who actually stay online and set the site into the background. I guess there are notification sounds when a message arrives. In that case they make Cage the active window and read whatever came in.

... and still, months after this thread was started, even with a full and proper logout, including clicking the "Continue" button after log-off, I looked at this site (after clearing all cookies and relaunching my browser) -- and noticed I'm still listed as "Online" for about 3 minutes.

*sigh*

M