Online now
Online now

BAN SILENT BLOCKS!!!.. the site needs to be updated.

Stevevo​(dom male)
1 year ago • Apr 6, 2023
Stevevo​(dom male) • Apr 6, 2023
Sounds more like you don’t understand others free will and have no respect for their feelings towards you.

I surely wouldn’t know if I was banned by someone or not.

If you’ve been banned enough times for you to notice; it’s probably for good reason.
chattel​(sub female)
1 year ago • Apr 6, 2023
chattel​(sub female) • Apr 6, 2023
Somehow I would imagine the the two texts to the blockee would quite often being "Fuck" and "Off" if this were implented
LongerJohnny​(dom male)
1 year ago • Apr 6, 2023
LongerJohnny​(dom male) • Apr 6, 2023
chattel wrote:
Somehow I would imagine the the two texts to the blockee would quite often being "Fuck" and "Off" if this were implented

Wow - I said that EXACT same thing to my filthy little sub when we were sitting on the couch talking about this thread this weekend!!! Hahahahaha
simplylaura​(sub female){djinni}
1 year ago • Apr 6, 2023
(Gonna get a little esoteric here cause I'm a nerd) Yes to everyone saying that no one is "owed" the opportunity to message anyone they want (or even see their profile).

I have nothing new to add about boundaries, but as an academic (halfway through this PhD ya'll!!!) I read the articles listed as references and at best, OP is reading them superficially and making really weak correlations between the literature and his assertion. In fact, the second article on "nudges" cautions that the nudge (a small change to the architecture of the site, ie: instituting block bans) not become paternalistic, while OP's request is absolute paternalism. The first article refers to social rejection and how it affects the brain, and yeah, rejection hurts. However, this article is specificall about recovery from major depressive disorder and isn't entirely relevent. In addition, it recommends the development of empathy as one of the pathways out of MDD and subsequent rejection dysphoria. To sum it up... your evidence doesn't support your argument.
SarahRB​(sub female)
1 year ago • Apr 7, 2023
SarahRB​(sub female) • Apr 7, 2023
Freedom of speech...freedom to "block". It isn't necessarily a bad thing. You may just not be for that person.

Speaking from my experience with your messages. For "quite a few" messages, your grammar and spelling was not what my profile SPECIFICALLY states I require, you also had no photo.. which for my safety I require. You eventually, after months of contact attempts tried to send one, but the grave was dug. It was NOTHING personal, but if you can't even follow simple direction from someone's profile, how can you expect a submissive to follow your direction?

There is a difference between, "Get on your knees." and "gt on ur knees."

NO ONE "owes" ANYONE a response. It is not discrimination or cyberbullying. It is VETTING. Your first impression matters.

This may be harsh, but I hope it helps you understand why your messages may be ignored.
EclecticRhetoric​(dom male)
1 year ago • Apr 7, 2023
the OP, take it on the chin and move on, if people don't want to talk to you, accept that, even pre given blocks.
-------------------------------------------------------
Why can't we tell women to take it on the chin when they aren't paid the same wages and they want a voice to be heard ? Why can't we say take it on the chin when the lesbian and homosexual community want equal marriage rights?

I always find it interesting people assess the value to things when it never impacts them.

I have no problem being blocked for valid reasons, but I never threatened anyone on here or been disrespectful so why do I get blocked ? If women can have a voice for equal pay in employment and homosexual couples can advocate for same sex marriage then why do I have to be silenced behind my views? Simple because I am man and most sites don't cater to us. Most if not all social media caters to women because women attract men and women.

Women empathesize on the sisterhood of other women, and men empathize on the damsel in distress that is enate in all women.

The female me too movement has progressed and has a larger voice than black lives matter yet black men are still getting shot by police in 2023. We don't hear the same injustices that face women as publicly as we did during the harvey Weinstein era.
Please correct me if I am wrong
EclecticRhetoric​(dom male)
1 year ago • Apr 8, 2023
I can't take this site seriously.. or more importantly some of the people on this site.

Someone blocked me because I disagreed with them. I let them say what they had to say and when I started typing they blocked me.. but its my fault for assuming they could handle mature conversation... Great times.
Solace​(dom male)
1 year ago • Apr 8, 2023
Solace​(dom male) • Apr 8, 2023
Your argument doesn't hold here.

It is not a right to force others to take additional actions and justify themselves about not wanting to speak with you or another person. It is in fact a right and a freedom of speech (in the USA) to not speak with someone.

Your argument also contains fallacies and assumptions, you assume this does not impact the people speaking out against it but conversely several who have spoken against this idea have had it happen to them and moved on. They have as you say taken it on the chin. You are also assuming that you haven't been blocked for a valid reason, and you are also assuming what is valid to you is also valid to someone else by nature. All are argumentative fallacies.

Also while I see you wish to draw parallels with these other social movements you might need to check your math on those angles. They are not similar to what you are proposing and they are not happy to be used in this forum. At best this appears as a diversionary topic to divert the conversation from your own topic to other hot button issues.

I don't think you've read the replies with a solid comprehension of what they were saying. While some replies have come off as angry, several have been quite reasonable and elucidated why this is not a practical stance to take on the subject.
SarahRB​(sub female)
1 year ago • Apr 8, 2023
SarahRB​(sub female) • Apr 8, 2023
Solace wrote:
Your argument doesn't hold here.

It is not a right to force others to take additional actions and justify themselves about not wanting to speak with you or another person. It is in fact a right and a freedom of speech (in the USA) to not speak with someone.

Your argument also contains fallacies and assumptions, you assume this does not impact the people speaking out against it but conversely several who have spoken against this idea have had it happen to them and moved on. They have as you say taken it on the chin. You are also assuming that you haven't been blocked for a valid reason, and you are also assuming what is valid to you is also valid to someone else by nature. All are argumentative fallacies.

Also while I see you wish to draw parallels with these other social movements you might need to check your math on those angles. They are not similar to what you are proposing and they are not happy to be used in this forum. At best this appears as a diversionary topic to divert the conversation from your own topic to other hot button issues.

I don't think you've read the replies with a solid comprehension of what they were saying. While some replies have come off as angry, several have been quite reasonable and elucidated why this is not a practical stance to take on the subject.

Very well said. Thank you. This was informative for all of us.