Online now
Online now

Your best reply for spam calls.

TopekaDom​(dom male)
7 months ago • Sep 15, 2023
TopekaDom​(dom male) • Sep 15, 2023
Richlydefined wrote:
My grandfather taught me my favorite approach to this, typically they call and ask "How are you today?" Or something like it so we say in our deepest most affected MN accent "Oh, you know I could be doin' better after the surgery you know but I sure appreciate you callin' to check in on me." Then hang up.

I can only imagine the confusion after the hang up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UAzkmv50o0
Sincorrigible​(sub female)
Sincorrigible​(sub female) • Sep 15, 2023
Funniest response i ever heard was from an ex (male).

Male Cold Caller: Good afternoon, Sir. I'm calling from Evangelical Windows (made up name), may i talk to you about replacement windows for your home?

Ex: Sure, just give me a sec will you?

MCC: Of course, no problem...

PAUSE

Ex : Okay, I'm naked now.

HANG UP

Somehow, as a female, i've never been brave enough to try this tactic. I suspect the hang up may not come so quickly.....
Miki
Miki • Sep 15, 2023
I don't get phone calls. I can't hear or talk. I only use TTY at work. It's either text or bust. People who know or do business with me know that. If someone doesn't know me they may or may not be a spammer but I reject all incoming voice calls.

Otherwise as they always say, if one does not recognize the number, reject the call or if the voice is unfamiliar, "just hang up".
Spanks hard​(dom male){Looking }
7 months ago • Oct 1, 2023

My response to one scam caller was suck a rotten egg

TopekaDom wrote:
Richlydefined wrote:
My grandfather taught me my favorite approach to this, typically they call and ask "How are you today?" Or something like it so we say in our deepest most affected MN accent "Oh, you know I could be doin' better after the surgery you know but I sure appreciate you callin' to check in on me." Then hang up.

I can only imagine the confusion after the hang up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UAzkmv50o0
SavannahLyn​(sub female){~Searchin~}
6 months ago • Oct 24, 2023
These days I don't answer a phone call I am not expecting, or from phone numbers I do not know. Buuut. 20 odd years ago I always answered my phone with one of a few funnies.

"Roadkill café, you kill it, we grill it."

And other such things like that, of which I am finding it hard to remember.

If that failed to get rid of them... "Are you aware that you are calling a Naval Base?"

We lived on base housing... wasn't really a lie lol.
Defender​(dom male)
6 months ago • Oct 24, 2023
Defender​(dom male) • Oct 24, 2023
"Does your mother know what you do for a living?"

And hang up.....
1crazygirl​(sub female)
3 months ago • Jan 19, 2024
1crazygirl​(sub female) • Jan 19, 2024
Spam calls regarding burial costs or anything having to do with funeral arrangements I tell them;
" I am NOT GOING TO DIE!!! I AM GOING TO BECOME A ZOMBIE"!!!
Doesn't take long for a click in my ear. Lol lol.
Most other spam calls any cuss words sprinkled into responses or rephrasing of their questions and once again I get a quick click in the ear.