Online now
Online now

First Snowfall

Steellover​(sub male)
6 months ago • Oct 26, 2023
Steellover​(sub male) • Oct 26, 2023
Bogus Basin has Snow! Our local ski area, in the mountains right above town, just got it's first recorded snowfall of the season. Snowboarding is still a long way off, at least a month, but it has to start somewhere!

But sadly, the first snowfall in the mountains also means the abrupt end of summer/fall outdoor activities. No more mountain biking, hiking, or trips to the back country. I got a nice long ride in on Saturday, and an epic one it was, too, but it very well could be the last one till March or April. I realize some people do camp in the winter, but I've never seen the appeal of just long hours of cold and darkness.
SnowMinx​(sub female){Owned}
6 months ago • Oct 26, 2023
Steellover wrote:
Bogus Basin has Snow! Our local ski area, in the mountains right above town, just got it's first recorded snowfall of the season. Snowboarding is still a long way off, at least a month, but it has to start somewhere!

But sadly, the first snowfall in the mountains also means the abrupt end of summer/fall outdoor activities. No more mountain biking, hiking, or trips to the back country. I got a nice long ride in on Saturday, and an epic one it was, too, but it very well could be the last one till March or April. I realize some people do camp in the winter, but I've never seen the appeal of just long hours of cold and darkness.

I'll miss the summer stuff too! I love camping but hell no to winter camping, my toes wouldnt last. Snowboarding is fun, little adventures to the mountains with nights in the steamy hot tubs, ice skating, walks in soft snow. But hell no to shovelling that shit 🙃
Varangian​(dom male)
4 months ago • Dec 15, 2023
Varangian​(dom male) • Dec 15, 2023
I do like snow from behind several panes of glass with an aged whiskey in one hand and a not so aged nude giggling plaything for warmth in the other.
I do like the silence of a cold brisk morning and the deafening crunch of walking in fresh fallen snow.

That fantasy bubble has a shelf life though. Soon giggles is saying “The dog needs to go out”
“Your dog?”
“It’s cold out”
“Dress warm”
“Please Baby” pouts. I restrain my self from grabbing her lower lip like I would a bass.

The sound of silence replaced with shovels being scraped across concrete and humans mumbling obscenities under their breath before the chorus of snowblowers begins.
You neighbor Greg who loves this season of frozen white misery removal will not be joining the rest of us because he’s retired and not going anywhere today. He will though give you an unwanted and unasked for education on snowblowers by there sound. “That there is the John Deere 750 GTR triturbo fuel injected inline V4 with 9 cup holders and a heated seat, I also believe it has the optional snow cone dispenser with 16 flavors attachment.

I like snow but I don’t miss the it.
Miki
Miki • Dec 15, 2023
Still not a single flake here. Well, the other week a flurry / snow shower that stuck in the higher elevations in Berkshire county but nothing here of note. Which is fine. It will come and I'll enjoy it from inside.

No breaking the "sound of silence" for me no matter what but again a blessing. From what I see and have been told by other neighbors, the dude next door goes to work very early and feels the need to fire up some horrific antique of a snow blower before 6AM.

Of course most of the time I am working until 6:30 so it wouldn't affect me, but recent years it has snowed when I was not at work. The only way I know that character is out there at such an unsightly hour is to look out the window.

------------

But harkening back a couple summers ago I got back at the guy for the neighbors-- inadvertently of course, when I cut grass on an otherwise "quiet" Sunday afternoon and unbeknownst to me, the muffler on the damned thing had rusted through and I learned later that day the mower was loud enough to raise the dead. Or so I was told.

------------

But back to snow, it'll get here when it gets here although others I know swear by a sure fire way to prevent any snow storms: Buy a new fucking snow blower in the months before winter. It can get pricey, but hell, it's purportedly never known to fail
IronWorld​(sadist male)
IronWorld​(sadist male) • Dec 15, 2023
Miki wrote:
But harkening back a couple summers ago I got back at the guy for the neighbors-- inadvertently of course, when I cut grass on an otherwise "quiet" Sunday afternoon and unbeknownst to me, the muffler on the damned thing had rusted through and I learned later that day the mower was loud enough to raise the dead. Or so I was told.

I replaced my lawn with clover with permission from the city. No mowing needed.

Miki wrote:
But back to snow, it'll get here when it gets here although others I know swear by a sure fire way to prevent any snow storms: Buy a new fucking snow blower in the months before winter. It can get pricey, but hell, it's purportedly never known to fail

We're getting a real mild winter right now in Wisconsin. What little I get, I use a regular snow shovel. Though I should get a new one. Top part of the handle's been broken for years.
Miki
4 months ago • Dec 16, 2023
Miki • Dec 16, 2023
IronWorld wrote:
Miki wrote:

I replaced my lawn with clover with permission from the city. No mowing needed.

Miki wrote:

We're getting a real mild winter right now in Wisconsin. What little I get, I use a regular snow shovel. Though I should get a new one. Top part of the handle's been broken for years.

Wisconsin.. Nothing but cheese..... (winky wink!)
IronWorld​(sadist male)
4 months ago • Dec 16, 2023
IronWorld​(sadist male) • Dec 16, 2023
Miki wrote:

Wisconsin.. Nothing but cheese..... (winky wink!)

And serial killers. Dont forget the serial killers. icon_biggrin.gif
lambsone
4 months ago • Dec 17, 2023
lambsone • Dec 17, 2023
When I was a little girl we lived in a house that had a street light in the treelawn at the bottom of our driveway. Whenever it would snow at night the light would reflect off the flakes laying in the yard and create the illusion of tiny gems scattered all across it. I would sit on the floor in front of the picture window and pretend I was in a fairy wonderland. It was especially magical if the snow was still coming down. I'll never forget that memory.
MosaicTesserae
4 months ago • Jan 1, 2024
MosaicTesserae • Jan 1, 2024
There’s something unique with the feeling of walking through snow. Makes me feel calm, almost to a zen state.
But when it’s all icy and you’re sliding every which way, that can fuck off 😂