Online now
Online now

Am I wrong for setting an age limit?

ThirtyFourPointFive
4 months ago • Dec 3, 2023
ThirtyFourPointFive • Dec 3, 2023
There will always be someone who wants to tell you what to do ...
( that could be especially true around here )
Ignore them, you make your rules.
tmo50nv​(sub male)
4 months ago • Dec 4, 2023
tmo50nv​(sub male) • Dec 4, 2023
No you are not! I've tried it twice both up & down? I'm 57 so I tell everyone who emails me, or texted me that I only would get serious with someone 45 to 65. Dated a women 12 years my senior and I can't get Rod Stewart out my head to this day. The time she was 17 years younger, it didn't last a week.

So I say if your age group makes you happy, stay there.
tallslenderguy​(other male)
If we take the thread title: "Am i wrong for setting an age limit?" and instead ask: "Am i wrong for setting a limit?, i think few would say "yes."

To me, the point is individual vs universal standards. i do not think age, or pretty much anything else, is some special, universal factor that dictates compatibility.

People are complex.

i don't believe any relationship is built on 100% compatibility, that the challenge is identifying our individual needs/wants and finding others who have similar needs/wants. For some, age gap may be centrally important to their needs/wants. Two people with that need/want have that "in common." Is it enough to bond? idk, that's not a determination i think can be made generically or universally.
SchrodingersDinosaur​(switch female)
As seems to happen frequently the tallslenderguy verbalized exactly what I was trying to come up with before I was able to make it make sense in my own head…

OP, I definitely understand your desire to limit the completely incompatible types from gang-rushing you (which sadly does seem to happen more than it should, particularly to the younger, newish ladies in our midst), especially since you are quite young yourself and likely wouldn’t feel like you had much in common with someone that is…ahem, perhaps considerably more well seasoned than yourself.

As mentioned above though, youth doesn’t automatically mean compatibility, nor does an age difference automatically mean no common ground. Nothing wrong with one having preferences but you also don’t want to automatically exclude someone who could be a perfect fit for you because they are a year outside your stated limits. Make sense?
Miki
4 months ago • Dec 5, 2023
Miki • Dec 5, 2023
@ schrodong's(blah blah blah)

Makes sense to me. If someone takes an interest, try not to let age be the first criteria out of the chute.

Indeed, attraction is a major component that brings people together, meet the person, see what they have to say, sense if there is chemistry.

But of course, one must concede that regardless how nice the other might be, how mature, confident, and thoughtful their comportment is, if anything about them just churns the stomach-------- Then it's best to remember the old adage:

"It's No Good if You Gotta Force It." Not good for either one.

-------------------------------

I think I posted something to this effect earlier in this topic but I'm too damned lazy to check each page and, well, it was quite a while ago anyway and I feel the sentiment bears repeating.
Richard Girard
4 months ago • Dec 6, 2023
Richard Girard • Dec 6, 2023
Its about what make you happy. Fuck what others think
WeirdAppalachian
4 months ago • Dec 6, 2023
WeirdAppalachian • Dec 6, 2023
old dude checking in: if they were the type of people who respected boundries, they wouldn't message you in the first place. just block them and move on, your choices are your own for your own reasons, and nobody has neither the right nor the station to tell you otherwise.
DinhRandom​(dom male)
4 months ago • Dec 21, 2023
DinhRandom​(dom male) • Dec 21, 2023
There is absolutely no danger for yourself in setting an age limit. That kind of talk is from salty old fucks who don't like being outside of it.

Your preferences are perfectly valid. Don't worry, I don't think you're missing anything. Especially from the ones who complain.