Online now
Online now

How do you feel?

K y i v
5 months ago • Nov 7, 2023

How do you feel?

K y i v • Nov 7, 2023
How do you feel about pictures in profiles with a collar already on?
For some reason it is a turn off to me.
K y i v
K y i v • Nov 7, 2023
Sin, I imagine that a turn off as well.. Seems like wishful thinking on their part.
K y i v
K y i v • Nov 7, 2023
Perhaps it is, Hekate. Maybe not wanting someone's leftovers?
You two will have a blast mid Nov. Pics or it didn't happen! 😉😉😉
Sincorrigible​(sub female)
K y i v wrote:
Perhaps it is, Hekate. Maybe not wanting someone's leftovers?
You two will have a blast mid Nov. Pics or it didn't happen! 😉😉😉

But we are all the products of our past. Those experiences made us who we are today. I don't think you can call someone re-presenting themselves as available, as 'leftovers'. We've all had past relationships and possibly dynamics? At least it shows, to me, that that person values the image enough to wish to share it? (or are they simple wannabe fashion statements? I suspect that's more likely given people's behaviours these days [grumpy old git speaking])
K y i v
K y i v • Nov 7, 2023
I agree Sin. 💯
TopekaDom​(dom male)
TopekaDom​(dom male) • Nov 7, 2023
If it is that big a turn off, then they are better off.

Photos give no indication what, if anything, a collar says.

Could be a play collar, could be a simple decoration, could be a mark of ownership.

One never knows til one asks.
dollMaker​(dom male)
dollMaker​(dom male) • Nov 7, 2023
What a horrible vile thing to say, express, that people are 'leftovers', and all that goes along with that word.

An item round someone's neck, whether ribbon, or metal, leather is a piece of jewellery until it has significance outside of that, when two people agree it does. This idea of collars always being the equivalence to a wedding ring is gate keeping and one twue wayism of the worst type, by this logic then no one in general society could wear a ring unless its a wedding ring. A wedding ring is just a ring until its given and blessed in that context, same with a collar, if those people agree that it means that.

Some Dommes wear collars, some subs self collar, and people, goths and alternative types wear these as jewellery, that is their choice, the world doesn't end because they do, and more power to them to do what suits them. Its perfectly ok to do what makes you happy.

One of the worst things I see, sometimes hear, but its mostly an online thing is people, often identifying as old guard, trying to force their ideas onto everyone else, and telling everyone else that their kink is inferior because it doesn't match theirs. You do what you want, those that want to join you, great, but for everyone else you do what works for you, take old ideas if it suits you, or don't, embrace what you want to, and I wish you the best in that, your choices are valid and have value. I say that in the light that those activities, are consensual, and safely practiced, though in this case its more one of cultural beliefs, over safe practice.

Kink, bdsm, fetish activity and lifestyles have always been diverse, not some universal monolith, and these sort of statements hurt and damage and drive people away.
    The most loved post in topic