Online now
Online now

Blank Profiles

TwinkleEyes
1 month ago • Mar 14, 2024

Blank Profiles

TwinkleEyes • Mar 14, 2024
Im wondering what people think of blank profiles. I understand not wanting to put your face pick up for privacy and professional reasons. A blank profile makes me question what is someone trying to hide? Especially in a place like this where we are free to be what we are and explore more of ourselves.

Were they here before and caused waves within the community? Did they come and cause consent violations? Cheating? Or is there just so many lies that they can’t keep them straight.

Personally, when I see a blank profile, no pics, and just the bdsm checklist it tells me they are here for sexual gratification. I just chuckle when one of them calls themselves a D type. To me it shows how clueless they are about this lifestyle.

I would enjoy hearing what others thoughts are on this. I am blind to many things.

✨💜✨
Innocent Me​(sub female){Protected}
A blank profile, to me, means they aren't serious about this lifestyle.

Would you go into an interview with a blank resume?

Same deal. You're representing who you are with your profile. When you message someone, 9/10 times that person is going straight to your profile to see who you are. If I see an empty profile I don't respond, I just delete the message because if you won't put effort into a profile I find it hard to believe you'll put effort into more important things.

Also, you probably won't get contacted by others because they have no idea who you are. They don't know your likes, your dislikes, what you're looking for, and they won't get a taste of who you are...they will probably pass right over your name for someone with a profile.
    The most loved post in topic
creidsinn
creidsinn • Mar 14, 2024
I agree that it could be a red flag. However, the red flag to me is a lack of effort and a lack of education. In the Lifestyle, we need to match personalities first and then we match up kinks. How can I know a personality without any information about who a person is and what they feel about themselves?
TwinkleEyes
TwinkleEyes • Mar 14, 2024
creidsinn wrote:
I agree that it could be a red flag. However, the red flag to me is a lack of effort and a lack of education. In the Lifestyle, we need to match personalities first and then we match up kinks. How can I know a personality without any information about who a person is and what they feel about themselves?

For me it’s more than that. I like me a good predator. I don’t like the unauthentic predator who comes here to take advantage of our community. Interlopers who think they can slide in and take advantage of others.

Without proper education in this type of lifestyle, that’s how somebody ends up in the hospital or worse.
Sir Don​(dom male)
Sir Don​(dom male) • Mar 14, 2024
I personally think a blank profile is due to the lack of experience and if I get the urge I will look at how long they have on the site. i then look to see if they have a bdsm checklist.
I then think if they took the time for that, I wonder why they can not say something about themselves. I ignore them because they are possible hiding something..
But I also take in to consideration it may have been created in a haste.. and may revisit at a later date
lambsone
lambsone • Mar 14, 2024
Some folks just want to read, and nothing more. They probably don't want to interact.
TopekaDom​(dom male)
1 month ago • Mar 15, 2024
TopekaDom​(dom male) • Mar 15, 2024
My guess has always been sloth or lack of imagination. I would also suspect a good deal of them are scammers who are looking for a simple quick buck, so why bother inventing anything.
GiannaRay​(sub female)
GiannaRay​(sub female) • Mar 15, 2024
Some profiles are blank because they are literally new here. I am indeed a profile reader, so like you said, when I get a message I will usually go to someone’s profile to read it before I even read their message. If it’s blank or almost blank and they just joined, I’ll let them know that they will probably not get many (or any) responses from people having a blank profile. A lot appreciated me telling them. A couple I’ve even gone back and congratulated them on what a good job they did filling it out.
Now on the other hand, if the person has been here fire a good length of time and their profile is sparse or blank I’ll either remark about it or not even answer them. As others have said, when this is the case I take it that the person is not serious about this. I also take it as a reflection of how they will probably treat me-if they don’t want to even invest enough to fill out their own profile, how much are they going to invest in me? IMO, not much.
TwinkleEyes
TwinkleEyes • Mar 15, 2024
TopekaDom wrote:
My guess has always been sloth or lack of imagination. I would also suspect a good deal of them are scammers who are looking for a simple quick buck, so why bother inventing anything.

I’ve been here for 7 years with a 2 year break. This place has changed. More insta D and s types. It’s more of a fantasy rather than reality. More blank profiles too. Trying not to use conjecture and it’s why I posted.
TwinkleEyes
TwinkleEyes • Mar 15, 2024
GiannaRay wrote:
Some profiles are blank because they are literally new here. I am indeed a profile reader, so like you said, when I get a message I will usually go to someone’s profile to read it before I even read their message. If it’s blank or almost blank and they just joined, I’ll let them know that they will probably not get many (or any) responses from people having a blank profile. A lot appreciated me telling them. A couple I’ve even gone back and congratulated them on what a good job they did filling it out.
Now on the other hand, if the person has been here fire a good length of time and their profile is sparse or blank I’ll either remark about it or not even answer them. As others have said, when this is the case I take it that the person is not serious about this. I also take it as a reflection of how they will probably treat me-if they don’t want to even invest enough to fill out their own profile, how much are they going to invest in me? IMO, not much.

Very well said. Put some of the other thoughts together in a way that I understand. Grazie.