Online now
Online now

Introducing: THE CAGE New Membership System

Villanelle​(staff)
5 years ago • May 3, 2018

Introducing: THE CAGE New Membership System

Villanelle​(staff) • May 3, 2018
Hello Friends!

Get ready! We've made some big changes that we believe will make THE CAGE bigger, better, and even more exciting!

Together we've worked hard to build a welcoming and supportive home for all who want to explore BDSM in all its glory. We're excited about what THE CAGE has to offer and want to make it as accessible as we can, all while keeping the community as safe and welcoming as possible. So, with that in mind we are pleased to announce our new, refined membership system:

As of now there will be two levels of membership available to all. One will be free, the other will be accessible for a small monthly fee:

Basic (Free) membership - this is our entry level membership. It will be open to everyone who registers with a phone number (which will continue to help deter fakes, bots, trolls, etc.). Basic members can make their own profiles, blogs, and interact in a limited way with premium members only. This will be a great way for new users to get a taste of THE CAGE experience, all while invigorating the community with new and exciting energy.

Premium membership - this membership is for those who want the full, unrestricted CAGE experience. For a small monthly fee our premium members have access to all of the standard stuff plus a whole lot more including BOND - our instant messenger system, chatrooms, unrestricted use of our mail system, and much more. Premium members will be identifiable to all with a small star icon by each name.

What about our existing subscribers? Don't worry, you'll automatically become premium. No action is required on your part.

If you currently have a paid subscription and cancel it you'll be automatically downgraded to our Basic (free) membership. You can upgrade again at anytime.

If you're with us on a 14 day trial membership, you'll get to enjoy all the premium benefits until your trial ends at which time you will automatically move to the basic membership level.

Want to know more? Check out our membership comparison table to see exactly what you get with our Basic and Premium tiers.

https://thecage.co/subscription/subscribe/

We feel confident all will benefit with a more inclusive, thriving community that brings us more voices, more inspiring blogs, more fascinating discussions and of course, more new people to meet. Spread the word and help us welcome everyone inside THE CAGE.

Your friends,
The Cage Staff
    The most loved post in topic
SirJLyle
5 years ago • May 3, 2018
SirJLyle • May 3, 2018
Good, logical, and fair way to go forward. Thanks for acknowledging your “legacy” members. Hopefully, we’ll soon become a tiny minority.
SynUnrestricted​(dom female)
5 years ago • May 4, 2018
I enrolled while you were doing the "free membership for this many new members" (I think it was 1200 new members) promotion. Do I lose the ability to use, for example, BOND?
I clicked the link and it's the TOS, but no premium membership benefit table.
How much is the premium fee?
When does this take effect?
Villanelle​(staff)
Villanelle​(staff) • May 4, 2018
@Shinranna - the link should work - and yes as a legacy member you'll automatically go premium as I state above. No need to do anything.

The premium fee is now $4.99 usd a month. And these changes are effective immediately.

If anyone else has any questions please don't hesitate to ask!
LillyB843​(sub female)

seeing ☆☆☆☆☆

LillyB843​(sub female) • May 4, 2018
might seem like a silly question, but is that why I'm seeing ☆☆☆☆☆ all over the place?
thx for the update, btw,
and thank you for keeping Cage such a great place
Villanelle​(staff)
5 years ago • May 5, 2018
Villanelle​(staff) • May 5, 2018
@ Nala - the stars indicate premium members, which include our legacy members. Users without stars have Basic membership. You'll see more of those as we go further along with the two tier membership.

Hope that helps icon_smile.gif
Bella duPuy​(sub female){Not lookin}
5 years ago • May 6, 2018
The updates sound great, Eve.

Thank You for keeping us, all, in the loop.

Also, concerning user Privacy (forgive me if this has been addressed in a previous blog entry), will folks who are not members have access to the blogs, etc?

Please advise.

Peace,
Bella
Villanelle​(staff)
5 years ago • May 6, 2018
Villanelle​(staff) • May 6, 2018
HisAlone,

There are currently two privacy settings for blogs and profiles. Open to everyone, including visitors to the site and restricted to members only. This will include basic members who all must register with their phone number. In time we may add further options for premium members as well.