Online now
Online now

Suggestion Thread

Szady​(dom male)
4 years ago • Oct 3, 2019
Szady​(dom male) • Oct 3, 2019
Another suggestions that the majority of sites have...a section on your profile stating the last signed in date. That way when you haven’t heard from someone in a while you can see that they just haven’t been online in n days.
justwatching
justwatching • Oct 3, 2019
There is a lot of ghosting from both subs and Doms on this site. That is not true BDSM and honestly makes a joke out of this lifestyle. I think it would really cool to have some kind of “labels” put on these users to basically rat them out so no other Dom/sub has to suffer (next to their user name perhaps) .
So for example, if I were a ghoster, you the moderator could do this to my username: RiritheSub{Taken}(GHOSTER) or something like that.
Of course the person claiming another is a ghoster would need proof, such as no messages for a week (or longer, however you want to time line it) and/or just completely going silent in the form of a screenshot or emailing the staff. I don’t know the specifics of that.

There are a lot of specifically submissives who get their heart broken by these so called “Doms” who only ask for her submission because they want some nudes, but by having a “label” next to their name it could help others stay away.

ALSO! If the Dom/sub who got labeled as a ghoster tried to delete their account and make another, that wouldn’t be possible. I don’t know the specifics on that but I think this would help get rid of the fakes.

When I talk about labels, I don’t only mean “ghosters” other labels could be “predator, disrespectful, etc. (these labels would need proof just like the ghosting label)

ONE MORE recommendation!

Make age groups! When you immediately join the cage you are put in your age group ex: 18-24, 24-35, on and on. This way you at first feel more comfortable because you are interacting with people your age, and if you want to venture out to different groups you can. But your age group is somewhere in your username or bio so it can’t be taken out/removed.
I think this would be a really good idea because it’s uncomfortable to be contacted by a 50+ year old man when I am in the 18-24 age group. It’s just too weird.
This way, The users could add in their profile “only age groups from ___ to ___ so nobody else can contact them.

I think these two recommendations would really improve this website as a whole and make people in the lifestyle, especially new ones, feel much safer and willing to explore BDSM as a whole.
dollMaker​(dom male)
dollMaker​(dom male) • Oct 3, 2019
@RiritheSub your suggestions are a legal mine field, and ageism is disgusting as is any other form of discrimination. May be weird for you, but it isn't for many others, you want to exercise that preference thats up to you, in my view your loss. I have had experience of getting on well with someone, and then being ghosted because I was asked how old I am. I will be honest that hurt, particularly as we were just talking, and it had not progressed to anything like becoming a relationship, or being discussed as such, even looking like one. If things look like there might be a chance of that or I am approached re taking someone on I will be upfront about my age. Preferences are preferences I guess, however some times they are shitty ones, racist, ageist, sizist etc. Thankfully not everyone is closed minded.
justwatching
justwatching • Oct 3, 2019
@dollMaker,
I totally understand the legal mine field. These were just suggestions that I thought of, nothing super concrete. The legalities of it is the job of the cage employees to figure out, not you and I icon_smile.gif

I am sorry you were ghosted after a potential figured out your age, that is immature and rude. He/she should have been honest with you about what they are looking for. It’s awesome that you were honest with them, because there are a handful of liars and people who keep secrets on here. Honesty is a trait I highly respect!

It is my personal choice to not submit to a Dom who is closer to my fathers age than my age, and if that is discrimination in your eyes then so be it. Both you and I are just expressing opinions, that’s all.

Not all submissives think the same as me, of course not. I only suggested age groups to protect young, new, submissives/Doms. When I first joined, I felt like I was thrown into a lions pit of hungry, older Doms who were there to manipulate and gain my submission immediately.

If I was first placed in my age group, I would feel more comfortable talking with others and learning because I am surrounded by like minded young adults. Of course there are predators and manipulators in all age ranges, but I have been repeatedly targeted by older male Doms. I am not the only female submissive who has had this experience.

The age groups wouldn’t restrict anyone from interacting with other age groups, but in my opinion I would have felt comfortable starting in a “pool” of people my age. Just my thoughts.
Villanelle​(staff)
4 years ago • Oct 4, 2019
Villanelle​(staff) • Oct 4, 2019
Thank you for all of the suggestions, everyone! We are reading and considering each one and have many of them already on our 'to do' list. Your feedback is invaluable as we work to bring more features and improvements to the community. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. Please keep them coming!
TheLittlePrincess​(sub female){SSG}
@RiritheSub I have to agree with @dollMaker. Obviously you are allowed to state your opinion but I don't agree with the age thing. I know there can be issues with Doms circling the new subs like sharks, but in my opinion it's the Doms/Dommes that have been in the lifestyle longer and have more experience that are the safest and know what they are doing (usually). I knew that when I joined this site that I wasn't looking for anyone in my age range.
I wanted someone with more experience and more than likely, more respect for others. Then I found my Domme and She is 11 years older than me. I say this because there are so many Dynamics out there that the people involved don't fall under the same age range.
justwatching
justwatching • Oct 4, 2019
@TLP,
I totally understand your thoughts. My Dom is also older like your Domme is, but I was talking more of a massive age gap such as 20+ years.
Also, I too probably wouldn’t find someone in our age range. Like I said earlier, My idea was never meant to keep anyone in their age range group but to have them start out there to socialize and feel more comfortable in the community icon_smile.gif
The original ideas were actually not mine, they are my Doms. He is the one who wants to protect and ensure the safety of young submissives, I just thought they were great and wanted to share.
Miki
4 years ago • Oct 5, 2019
Miki • Oct 5, 2019
Szady wrote:
Another suggestions that the majority of sites have...a section on your profile stating the last signed in date. That way when you haven’t heard from someone in a while you can see that they just haven’t been online in n days.

Please, Vanilla! As one who has been here a while I know I asked before. I come in here and then am absent a few days-- even a couple weeks-- I don't want those who write to me to think I'm "farting them off"--- If people can see "last-login":- they'll know why they have not received any responses.
Villanelle​(staff)
4 years ago • Oct 8, 2019
Villanelle​(staff) • Oct 8, 2019
I promise we haven't forgotten Miki! I know the wait for some of these features is long but we are constantly working at improving the site and adding new features. Some updates are behind the scenes and not so visibly noticeable. Others are longer tasks that take more time. Please keep an eye on my blog to keep up to date. More to come soon!
SSG{ENM-TLP}
4 years ago • Oct 22, 2019

Programming suggestions

SSG{ENM-TLP} • Oct 22, 2019
I know we have a member search that will filter gender, roles, etc, could we add some things to the profile and the search such as:

Add to profile and make filter for Members search page:

Interested in:
Friends
Mentor
Protector
The various roles

Willing to:
Mentor
Protect
I am sure others have suggestions to add here

Another suggestion to help increase the quality of blog post entries is to order them by reader engagement. When first written, they show up at top like now, but can be bumped by those who have earned more reader interaction. This will help those teaching posts to stay closer to the top longer for more to read which will benefit the community.
AND/OR
Add categories to the blog posts and make them searchable. Categories such as: Dom Training, Sub Training, Humor, Music, Little Space, etc allow people to submit suggestions or make an Other: category and if you see a reoccurring category you can add it later.