Online now
Online now

Building Community On THE CAGE

Villanelle​(staff)
7 years ago • Jan 4, 2017

Building Community On THE CAGE

Villanelle​(staff) • Jan 4, 2017
For those who don't know, I am Eva, one of the admins here at THE CAGE.  It's great to see so many of you here and we're looking forward to getting to know you all.

I've received  a few concerns from members about trolls/pay for play/adverts etc.  Please don't ignore them but message Assaf or myself and let us know.  We're working hard to remove these individuals (after an appropriate warning of course).  We're also building tools within the site to prevent spamming, etc.  You DO NOT have to tolerate this behaviour at THE CAGE.  It's particularly important to restrict this behaviour in these early days as we build the community.  Your help in doing so is very much appreciated and needed.

Please note you have an 'ignore' button you can use as well.

(NOTE:  please send us concerns via private message and not in this thread )
    The most loved post in topic
Villanelle​(staff)
7 years ago • Jan 11, 2017
Villanelle​(staff) • Jan 11, 2017
Just a heads up that we are going to be capping how many emails people can send every day and taking other measures to prevent you all being trolled/scammed/spammed. If you have any issues with anyone who you think is trying to scam you or others please don't hesitate to contact Assaf or myself.  We are working hard to ensure you have an authentic experience with like minded individuals and to keep trolling to a minimum.  Thank you all for supporting us icon_smile.gif
txmr55​(dom male)
7 years ago • Jan 12, 2017
txmr55​(dom male) • Jan 12, 2017
I have been on the site for a month or so. 9 out of 10 people i have tried to contact have been scammers or worse maybe what i call posers they lead you on for several texts and disappear. This csuses frustration to people prob men mostly i am smarter than that i will stick with the site. I believe you all are sincere people. I will stay but cautious i know i will find my sub or pet i hope soon. Thanks
Villanelle​(staff)
Villanelle​(staff) • Jan 12, 2017
Thanks for the info Txmr55 - with our efforts to combat trolls and scammers and as more and more sincere individuals come on board, we  hope that the average experience will be much more positive.  Thanks for sticking with us during these early days.  Although we'll never be able to totally eradicate the bullshit, with the help of our members we believe the overall experience at THE CAGE wil be fun and worthwhile.
explorer​(switch male)
explorer​(switch male) • Jan 12, 2017
I have been contacted four people who, when I click on thier name, their profile does not exist. The message they have sent me is an email address, three of which have been linked with yahoo.

In either of those two cases, simple......just do not respond and delete their message.

Not one of them have got back to me, saying that I hadnt replied to the first message, confirming my suspicions.

In addition, if you do press the reply button, the Cage system just sends you back to the home page.

NEVER reply to an email address. 

If they are bona fide then you will be able to chat and message them through this site without problem. Trust you gut. icon_smile.gif
Villanelle​(staff)
Villanelle​(staff) • Jan 12, 2017
If you can't find a profile chances are we've already identified and removed the person in question.  Or that individual has requested to have their profile removed.

Great advice LMDW
NatalieAdam
NatalieAdam • Jan 12, 2017
We have only chatted through the built in message system so far and not emailed anyone and had a good experience so far! Looking forward to getting to know you all, Natalie and Adam xx
LazyMonkey​(other male)
7 years ago • Jan 21, 2017
LazyMonkey​(other male) • Jan 21, 2017
I've been on here just shy of a week and like what I see. I haven't ran in to any trolls or what I call predators - people who just want to lure you to another site that turns out to be pay-as-you-go then they disappear. I had experiences like that on Adult Friend Finder. 

I'm interested meeting people on here. What's the best time to check out the Chat rooms?
Villanelle​(staff)
7 years ago • Jan 22, 2017
Villanelle​(staff) • Jan 22, 2017
@LazyMonkey (great name by the way!)  glad to hear you haven't had any issues to date.  We are trying to remove scammers asap so if anyone experiences issues, please give us a heads up.

The chat rooms haven't been used so much yet.  I recommend staying logged in there for a bit to see who will join you.  As our community grows we expect the chat rooms will start to be utilized regularly.