Online now
Online now

How long do you wait for a reply?

Justme26
4 years ago • Aug 17, 2019

How long do you wait for a reply?

Justme26 • Aug 17, 2019
Quick question, just to see what anyone thinks: Someone sends a message. They could be a good person for you. She (in my case, anyone can answer) seems experienced so I could learn a lot (I know, I'm all over the place). Anyway, you send a message back. How long would you wait for a reply before assuming that they have lost interest?
MissBonnie​(dom female){oz}
keep in mind things like logging in your phone and trying to reply on your phone when counting how often they have logged in. For EG I often log in on my phone to read but prefer to reply with a PC so I'll often come back later. Or sometimes you might be at work or traveling so you'll read on your cell and reply when you have more time or time when you head is in the right head space. I'm like a kid at Christmas, I have to open a message as soon as I can. I'd never thought (till now, till this post) that that might appear to some (since i've logged in and not answered) that I'm not interested. I think in future I might try a fast reply to the person **if** I am interested that I will reply later, I'm on cell.
    The most loved post in topic
NCarraway​(dom male)
NCarraway​(dom male) • Aug 17, 2019
Mr 26,

Does this refer to someone you are already talking to and you think it has gone dead?
Justme26
Justme26 • Aug 17, 2019
She messaged me, I replied, thats it so far. I am not sure how to tell how many times someone has logged in (this is on a different site, but I assume the principle is the same).

@MissBonnie: Wouldn't you log on more often if you were on a phone.

Anyway thanks for your input.
NCarraway​(dom male)
NCarraway​(dom male) • Aug 17, 2019
Mr 26, I worked on a reply for you earlier that completely missed the question.

Here is a much shorter and to-the-point answer.

I would move on immediately. As a D type you will do better in an environment or feeling of abundance (of opportunities to talk to people). There is little to be gained by messaging someone if they haven't come back to you. Maybe I'd message them once after a week or so, but I would not hang around just in case they messaged again. If someone is invested enough they will talk to you. Unfortunately this platform, and many others like it in this subculture, has a proportion of it as a transient population. She may be one of these or she might have just not been so interested. I would advise that you have lots of conversations here and elsewhere so you are less likely to be hung up on one person at the pre-dynamic stage.
The Maestro
The Maestro • Aug 17, 2019
I’ve emailed people with no reply . I’ve received email that I’ve replied too with no further communication. I’ve talked days with people who just stopped replying . Don’t drive yourself crazy trying to figure people out . You can’t . Good luck
Justme26
Justme26 • Aug 17, 2019
That sounds like good advice, thanks all.
MissBonnie​(dom female){oz}
4 years ago • Aug 19, 2019
Justme26 wrote:
She messaged me, I replied, thats it so far. I am not sure how to tell how many times someone has logged in (this is on a different site, but I assume the principle is the same).

@MissBonnie: Wouldn't you log on more often if you were on a phone.

Anyway thanks for your input.

Yeah I do but often I wont reply on the phone (as some sites arent coded for cell use)