Online now
Online now

Customer service for a sub

ThirtyFourPointFive
4 years ago • Jan 7, 2020

Again.. off topic.. sorry

ThirtyFourPointFive • Jan 7, 2020
I was in sales for about 40 years. I started selling Popsicles from my mothers freezer at about nine years old and ended my sales career selling Engineered Machine Controls for industrial Applications.
Yes, customers can be real assholes at times and I have met my fair share of them, but I really enjoy knowing a product well and helping the customer make informed decisions on a purchase. If you are truthful about what you do and do not know, and if you bend over backwards to take care of that customer, it usually ends up with them showering you with money icon_smile.gif
When I meet person I feel would be (really) great in sales, whether it is a guy selling me a car or a kid selling lemonade from a curbside stand (I did that too), I make it a point to encourage them to go after a sales position in something they enjoy.
I always hope one of those people I spoke with someday recall that conversation when they are making a Shitload of money and think, "It was that guy that started it all".
Knightsundere​(sub male)
4 years ago • Jan 7, 2020
Knightsundere​(sub male) • Jan 7, 2020
I've worked retail and as a server in the past and in both cases my enjoyment of the work depended on who I was serving/helping. Generally speaking the more confident/headstrong the person, the easier they were to assist. Easier to fulfill something that's plainly laid out than a vague, "do what you feel like" suggestion. I honestly found myself liking the impolite dickheads because 95% of the time they barked their orders out pretty quick and pretty straight.
The average stuff isn't memorable though.
Definitely ties into healthy power dynamics on a subconscious level, though. Respectable leaders get respect, it's pretty straight forward.
Phytoland​(dom female)
4 years ago • Jan 22, 2020
Phytoland​(dom female) • Jan 22, 2020
Never thought of it like that. In a shop I have never had a slightest hesitation asking for help. I am always polite, friendly but I am in no way uncomfortable telling them what I am looking for.

I have worked bar jobs and first aid jobs but despite being there for the people these are both roles that I have been very much in charge of the crowd/customers. Interesting perspective. I am always interested in the starter signs for BDSM but I like this question!
MasterBear​(other butch)
4 years ago • Jan 27, 2020
MasterBear​(other butch) • Jan 27, 2020
I'm a nurse. I am also Master identified.
Not because I am compassionate.

Because I enjoy critical thinking.
The pay.
The hours.
The flexibility.
The constant learning.

BUT

When I was a charge nurse I loved it because.
I set limits and boundaries.
I set expectations.
I was in constant communication with my staff and would work to make things easier.
I also held myself accountable.

So- Yea. Now that I think of it. It fits.
nylonspanker
4 years ago • Mar 8, 2020
nylonspanker • Mar 8, 2020
Maybe it wasn't,t the store or the shoe just the person? you were connecting on various levels and there was something that didn't,t feel right. If that feeling was from the lower stomach it is an interesting place to work from for intuition . It may also be the area also , or just that time of day!
Shoes are an odd subject because I had some walking boots, I use to sell them at music festivals so yours think I would know better but I could hardly walk on them. it was like walking on bricks. We then have inner steps which do not come with the shoe or boot and there is new opinions that there are boots now that are like walking bare foot so it is very confusing. I have a prob with a muscle top of my foot so if the other foot has the same ..I,m in trouble...
HisAngel
4 years ago • Mar 8, 2020
HisAngel • Mar 8, 2020
I am a submissive and I hated working in customer service. Mainly because of those few people that would come in with their head up their ass and be completely disrespectful and rude. Getting cussed at because I can't refund something that you bought a year ago....not my kind of thing. I tend to shut down in conflict like that. I think that's more so my anxiety than having to do with anything else.
No Body​(dom male)
4 years ago • Mar 14, 2020
No Body​(dom male) • Mar 14, 2020
I have worked the service industry almost my entire life. I can see where all this is coming from. There have been so many times when someone asked for help and I just thought "really? you needed help with that?" In most cases you need help with things be it clothing shoes parts for what every or so many other things where the choice goes higher than most can count and getting the right thing for the job is a must. Asking me if your wife would like a portable table saw or a see through nightie for Valentines is something else. (Yes sir go with the table saw so you can build your own dog house to sleep in). Just remember that there are time you do need help. You can pick your own shoes but getting some that will fit you right and make those sweet toes stand out takes help. I thought I needed just a pair of size 10 boots but there is more to it than that. Like how wide I needed them (OMG EE? really?) plus where I would wear them and under what conditions. Ended up with 3 pairs (office work field work and my mudders for those wet lands I go through. It may seem like you don't need the help but hey it is what they are there for.