Online now
Online now

Block and hide

House Talion​(dom male)
2 years ago • Sep 9, 2021

Block and hide

House Talion​(dom male) • Sep 9, 2021
At present i have a few ppl blocked for various reasons, but I keep seeing them in multiple areas. So is it possible to hide their profiles or do I simply have to ignore their existence?
Villanelle​(staff)
2 years ago • Sep 9, 2021
Villanelle​(staff) • Sep 9, 2021
We don't have a full on block that hides an individual's activity completely on the site. When you block an individual they cannot contact you or comment on your blog. You can also "mute" them in chat so you don't see their chat comments and remove a person's blog from your feed. But you will still see Forum comments.
Sasa​(dom female)
2 years ago • Sep 10, 2021
Sasa​(dom female) • Sep 10, 2021
Oh please, if we close our eyes things are still there. What is so terrible to see them as long as they can't bother you?
Thotsferatu​(switch female)
2 years ago • Sep 10, 2021
I mean, the same could be said for in-person interactions. No matter what I do, a total fruit-basket would still have the right to scream from a street corner about god knows what. But I have the choice to walk away, put earphones in my ears, etc.

I think folks are simply asking for a way to make that easier if they prefer not to engage with said screaming fruit-baskets.
Miki
2 years ago • Sep 11, 2021
Miki • Sep 11, 2021
Sasa wrote:
Oh please, if we close our eyes things are still there. What is so terrible to see them as long as they can't bother you?

In fact, they can. They can still see your posts and worse, post thinly-veiled harassment on forum threads and that needs to be addressed somehow, other than reporting someone for harassment on threads, especially when their harassment is worded in such a way so as to allow the offender the ability to hide behind plausible deniability as to the negative intent of their actions.

Unfortunately, this has been brought up before, and at the time, the administrators stated they have no plans to enhance blocking to include any and al tripe posted by those-bloked on the boards "to preserve thread continuity"

Best solution, see a pile of turd in your path, step over it ad keep on whistling. Goes with the territory.