Online now
Online now

The Worst Mistake a Dominant or Submissive Can Make

AOD​(dom male)
2 years ago • Nov 5, 2021
AOD​(dom male) • Nov 5, 2021
Grrrrr... I don't know how to do that little quote box thingie you did, Wytchy, so this will have to do. No offense taken, but you rather reinforced my point. You shouldn't be trusting me over your own intuition. That's where you end up getting burned.
RedKat{Not now }
RedKat{Not now } • Nov 5, 2021
Lying
Atilla​(switch male){Owned}
It's a variation on a theme, but for a either side (from My perspective more of a problem for a Dom) - losing track of yourself and what makes you a match to your partner. Once you have lost that, you've lost your biggest self-check which is hugely problematic.
always alone​(sub female)
2 years ago • Nov 8, 2021
always alone​(sub female) • Nov 8, 2021
I would say no commitment to the relationship is the biggest mistake Dom or Sub can make. Its a committed relationship and lack of commitment to keep each other happy, satisfied, safe, and care, all comes from that commitment.
Miss Tia​(sub female)
2 years ago • Nov 8, 2021
Miss Tia​(sub female) • Nov 8, 2021
always alone wrote:
I would say no commitment to the relationship is the biggest mistake Dom or Sub can make. Its a committed relationship and lack of commitment to keep each other happy, satisfied, safe, and care, all comes from that commitment.

I agree, if you are going to half ass the relationship don't get into one
Max Heathen​(other male)
2 years ago • Nov 9, 2021
Max Heathen​(other male) • Nov 9, 2021
Ignoring of Consent.

As a Master it's often been taken for granted that a sub/slave can do or say anything they like, especially when angry or irritated. While I do have a high threshold on what I can endure, going on with an action or verbalization that will effect us both requires CONSENT. Just because you are the Slave/Sub doesn't mean you get a free pass to say or do whatever you like despite the damage caused. I don't care if you are a brat, little, middle, full grown fuck'n adult being an adult, if one party says they have phobia, allergy that can be life threatening, hard no limit, etc., you don't go stomping across that line thinking that "I'm sorry" will fix it.
Just because you are a Master/Dom doesn't give you the right to force your will on them, knowing it's a hard limit, phobia, etc. It may be the best thing for them but that is NOT your place. Talk with your partner, be civil, approach logically and explain why you feel the way you do, but ultimately get their willing consent.
You don't know what triggers you'll set off, nor what boxes you'll open or lines that was placed on purpose but now that things are done without consent... all kinds of bad shit start falling out.

So in my eyes, the biggest mistake that both sides of the slash make is: Feeling they can go beyond the boundaries set, without consent.
LordofPain56
LordofPain56 • Nov 9, 2021
At my house there are three plaques hanging on the wall.
The first one is the Ten Commandments of the Book of Exodus
The second is the House rules, the third is the relationship rules.
I do not issue punishments for breaking of the Ten Commandments (except for the ones that overlap into my relationship rules). God himself will be the judge for breaking His law and issue His own punishment.
I do have punishments for most of the items listed in the other two picture frames.
I have always said that it is a mistake to break any of these rules.
SubtleHush​(sub female)
SubtleHush​(sub female) • Nov 9, 2021
Lying is always an immediate deal-breaker.

The truth is I have never encountered a liar who didn't put out warning signs before that were missed.