Online now
Online now

Caregivers/Caretakers label, what does it mean?

Valore
2 years ago • Nov 14, 2021

Caregivers/Caretakers label, what does it mean?

Valore • Nov 14, 2021
Just as the title suggests...

What is/are Caretakers/Caregivers?
Banemus​(dom male)
Banemus​(dom male) • Nov 14, 2021
Well, the way I view it and how I live.

I sacrifice My own life to see other people smile and enjoy themselves. I don't really care about Myself but I care about everyone else. I'll put all My time in to whatever would make the experience better for the little ones. I would spent months at a 14h/day just to create a better environment for them. And I'll keep on improving and improving it.

I'll probably be completely off base here of what it truly is. So take My view with a grain of salt.
Moonlighter​(dom male)
Moonlighter​(dom male) • Nov 14, 2021
Hmmmm, when I think of it and again this is my opinion its an aspect of Domming where you take care of the sub, but not in terms of DD/lg.

So your Dom acts like the responsible adult and makes sure you eat right and drink enough water/exercise/sunlight (subs being similar to geraniums apparently icon_biggrin.gif )

It could almost be considered the softer side of being a Dom, the bit between the spankings and the bondage where you snuggle on the sofa or have time away for mental well being.

Again my opinion there may be an "official" meaning on urban dictionary or similar.
tallslenderguy​(other male)
As with other (all?) kink labels, i think The label is a starting place and the true ingredients are discovered through opening the package.

i'm a critical care nurse. It's a comparatively new career for me and pretty opposite to what i did most of my life (executive management). Pretty much have gone from one end of the spectrum, where i set policy and was in charge of a couple of businesses, affecting a few hundred employees lives. Ten years ago, i left that world, went to school and got a BSN and have been a critical care nurse since that time.

Both positions were/are "care giving" for me. An owner of one of the companies i ran was chagrinned when he did a Meyers Briggs type psychological profile on me and my highest 'score' was 99% "nurturer." [laughing], that didn't quite fit his idea of my label/title of Regional Director. i did build and run a successful business for 21 years using a consensus model and was pretty atypical.

Given my natural nurturing nature though, nursing is more suited to me as an occupation. i have worked in a community of "caregivers" for 8 years now, and it has been a profound experience. i work with people who (literally) wipe dirty butts and take abuse from needy, and often selfish/self absorbed, people for a 13 hour shift, then come back and do it over and over again. i watch as the process of caring molds and changes the caregiver.

i do not think this is a simple topic that can be simply defined. i would add though, i think many confuse giving care and enabling, from both sides of the slash.
    The most loved post in topic
Morley​(sub female){Max Sterne}

Re: Caregivers/Caretakers label, what does it mean?

Valore wrote:
Just as the title suggests...

What is/are Caretakers/Caregivers?

From what I understand of the Title(s) are: It is a role taken on usually by a Dominant, but not always, that has NO sexual aspect at all.

The Caretaker/Caregiver takes care of the submissive in all ways health related. Meaning Emotionally (being a support, sounding bar, ear, etc) and Physically (giving routines for exercise, eating habits, sleep, etc ).
bigandsmall​(sub female)
bigandsmall​(sub female) • Nov 14, 2021
"Tallslenderguy" hit closest to the definition of caregiver in my opinion. This is the first post I've commented on because I felt as a mature women and an ex-caregiver professionally but a nurturer in character, the simple definition is "not selfish". It is not a title to be given to one set of people, it is neither exclusive to a Dom, or A submissive, a masochists' or a sadist. It is in character. A caregiver is the person who puts the needs of others before their own, especially when their needs surpass yours at present. It takes a certain type of person to do what needs to be done naturally without being told, to know when someone is in need and not ignore it because you'd rather be doing other she-it.

Example: a sub needs to urinate but she/he will get her Dom's coffee first, a Dom is in the middle of satisfying his need to push limits but one look at his subject and knows instantly the subject is in distress and he must stop and soothe, balance, you pass a stranger struggling or crying or simply looking confused and you stop to see if you can help. It is not a BDSM thing, it is a being human thing. It is any person's character to care for others, whatever their walk in life. Nurses are the prime example of this I believe, especially the ones who subject themselves to long hours and their involvement the process of those dying. People who give care to others without a motive, not for income, or ego, not out of obligation, or acknowledgement . Many title themselves a caregiver but a true one is a rare find.
LongerJohnny​(dom male)
2 years ago • Nov 15, 2021
LongerJohnny​(dom male) • Nov 15, 2021
I really don't have any idea what it means to be a "caregiver" in a BDSM capacity (I would like to think that I have a very caring nature otherwise though) but my admittedly thin comprehension of it is that it is the left side of the slash for a baby girl or boy, as in 0-3 yrs, so like CG/bg.
As opposed to a little or a middle, as in DDlg, which could go up to teen-ish yrs.
I really have no idea. That is just how it has been described to me on the couple of occasions where I've spoken to anyone who has used the term.
elleycruiser
2 years ago • Nov 17, 2021
elleycruiser • Nov 17, 2021
Banemus wrote:
Well, the way I view it and how I live.

I sacrifice My own life to see other people smile and enjoy themselves. I don't really care about Myself but I care about everyone else. I'll put all My time in to whatever would make the experience better for the little ones. I would spent months at a 14h/day just to create a better environment for them. And I'll keep on improving and improving it.

I'll probably be completely off base here of what it truly is. So take My view with a grain of salt.