Online now
Online now

Clingy Subs

lambsone
2 weeks ago • Jun 7, 2024
lambsone • Jun 7, 2024
Sweetlydepraved you are entitled to your opinion. I am a submissive, I don't hold any malice towards other submissives. I don't hate other submissives. WHY????? Would I even want to do that? I wanted to know how Dominants would handle a certain type of situation. If a sub can contribute to the answer because of how her Dominant handled it, I am all ears.

What I don't appreciate is when people read into something I ask or say that I never intended, without getting clarification on whether what they're thinking of me or my intentions are true or not.

I can't make it any more plain than that. If you all hate me for that and for trying to keep a thread on track before it devolves into a mess (and yes I've seen Dominants do this as well), then so be it.

If you want to be suspicious of me or hate me that's your prerogative. If you want to think that everything I say is hateful or full of ill intent towards anyone here, that is your choice.

The fact is that very few people here know a doggone thing about me in real life and so far practically none of you have even attempted to get to know me.

But I will not allow false interpretations or accusations about me or my posts to go unchallenged. It happens too frequently here all across the board. I will not be a doormat.

Congratulations folks, I think this thread has now devolved into another mess. But I hope some more Dominants or subs will give some helpful advice that pertains to the original question. It would be appreciated.
LongerJohnny​(dom male)
LongerJohnny​(dom male) • Jun 7, 2024
Throw her in the laundry with some fabric softener and Snuggle cling-free dryer sheets. There you go - "problem" solved.
MsSugarplum​(sub female)
MsSugarplum​(sub female) • Jun 7, 2024
I would say that in my opinion, if the Dom finds a sub too clingy… they are probably not well matched. Doms will prefer different degrees of “clinginess” as much as subs will be different degrees of clingy. If my Dom found me to be too clingy to an extent that he treated it as behaviour that needed to be corrected, then he would not be the right Dom for me.
TwinkleEyes
TwinkleEyes • Jun 7, 2024
lambsone wrote:
Sweet Escape and Twinkle Eyes, do you realize that you also have made some assumptions about my being judgy and negative with this question? You haven't asked ME what my thoughts were and the reason I posted it, you just decided that you could read my mind.

Here's the real reason I posted it: I am deathly afraid of a Dom coming to think that I am clingy and wanting to take up more of his time than he's capable of giving. Perhaps even kicking me to the curb.

Where's the balance? And yes a submissive must think of where the balance is, they can't simply dump everything on the Dominants shoulders and then sit back and relax from the stress of decision making for the rest of their lives. That would be irresponsible as a partner.

Some amount of dependency is expected of both roles, but when it goes beyond what either person is capable of handling, what can be done to correct it and get the relationship back on a healthy track?

Let's be honest, can we really ask another human being to be our ALL even if they want to? Our Dominants need time to themselves to think, decide what they want out of the relationship, evaluate life, plan ahead, work to keep food on the table/clothes on their backs/a roof over their heads. And a lot more. They even need time to chill and just focus on themselves for a bit. If a sub is so clingy that they cannot allow them the space they need to keep their perspective, what can the Dominant do to help them stay in balance and thus keep the relationship in balance?

I'm not casting blame in any person's direction, it was a simple question, and I'm looking for practical answers. I tried to keep it simple so as not to twist a Dominants mind into knots trying to answer it. And I wanted to give them the freedom to think of whatever scenario fit them. I figured there would be a broader range of answers that way.

We all neglect to ask for clarification before deciding that a person is positive or negative about a subject. This is where things start going awry around here. It might be nice if we found out first if what we're thinking about another is what that person is intending. There's no one here that's that perfect that we don't need to ask for clarification.

I said I was confused and it felt… This is a personal opinion and I owned it right up front. I get so confused by things you post.. Lambsone, I feel that if some of us s-type females disagree with you personally or question something said we get berated. It is OKAY for each of us to have different opinions.

Personally I enjoy opinions different than mine…. Even yours. I learn from them. As I have stated many times out loud to this community I am wrong about many things. Solice, is right there is nothing wrong with the question. There is also nothing wrong with my voicing how the question made me feel. Maybe just maybe this is because of some of those exacts phrases in your post were twisted around on me at one point.

One thing I know about this lifestyle is it’s a trauma stirrer. For most of us. I try to keep this in mind and not directly attack people when they have opinions different than mine or they are having a meltdown. I’ve been the meltdown person. My questioning the question wasn’t an attack on you. I apologize if it came off that way.

Last edited by * on Fri Jun 07, 2024 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total
I'mME
I'mME • Jun 7, 2024
Defender wrote:
Generally, I like clinginess.

But from recent experience I realise that "clingy" covers a whole range of behaviour - and can end up as obsessive behaviour, beyond rationality.

At a certain level, it can also mean that the clingy person has no conception that that the Dom has a life too!
He will sometimes need to to do other things, or have a moment or two to himself.
If this happens, some clingers will get angry and say the Dom is horrible and "neglecting" her - even if the Dom's reply, or return phonecall, is only a few hours "late".

So, like many things, clingy is not a scientific definition that can be neatly tied down - and since advice that works for one individual may not work for another - those in the relationship will simply have to work it out for themselves.

(For me though, I prefer clingy to cool and distant!)

Defender,
I've seen relationships where the Dom promotes that clingy, they want the sub giving up that vulnerability, manipulation is a word that comes to mind, instead of letting it build naturally from both sides.

Thoughts?

D.
I'mME
I'mME • Jun 7, 2024
lambsone wrote:
Sweet Escape and Twinkle Eyes, do you realize that you also have made some assumptions about my being judgy and negative with this question? You haven't asked ME what my thoughts were and the reason I posted it, you just decided that you could read my mind.

Here's the real reason I posted it: I am deathly afraid of a Dom coming to think that I am clingy and wanting to take up more of his time than he's capable of giving. Perhaps even kicking me to the curb.

Where's the balance? And yes a submissive must think of where the balance is, they can't simply dump everything on the Dominants shoulders and then sit back and relax from the stress of decision making for the rest of their lives. That would be irresponsible as a partner.

Some amount of dependency is expected of both roles, but when it goes beyond what either person is capable of handling, what can be done to correct it and get the relationship back on a healthy track?

Let's be honest, can we really ask another human being to be our ALL even if they want to? Our Dominants need time to themselves to think, decide what they want out of the relationship, evaluate life, plan ahead, work to keep food on the table/clothes on their backs/a roof over their heads. And a lot more. They even need time to chill and just focus on themselves for a bit. If a sub is so clingy that they cannot allow them the space they need to keep their perspective, what can the Dominant do to help them stay in balance and thus keep the relationship in balance?

I'm not casting blame in any person's direction, it was a simple question, and I'm looking for practical answers. I tried to keep it simple so as not to twist a Dominants mind into knots trying to answer it. And I wanted to give them the freedom to think of whatever scenario fit them. I figured there would be a broader range of answers that way.

We all neglect to ask for clarification before deciding that a person is positive or negative about a subject. This is where things start going awry around here. It might be nice if we found out first if what we're thinking about another is what that person is intending. There's no one here that's that perfect that we don't need to ask for clarification.

Lambsone,

*Some amount of dependency is expected of both roles, but when it goes beyond what either person is capable of handling, what can be done to correct it and get the relationship back on a healthy track?*

Interdependent (not sure if it's hyphenated) is the word that comes to mind when I read this, not co-dependent.

This is yet another reason why it's a good idea for 2 ppl to take their time getting to know one another before commiting to a -ship.

Many fear the same thing as you Lambsone, of being this or that and someone discarding them. Both sides of the slash and young to older. (Not old)

None of can know the future, we can just get to know a person as well as possible, ask questions.
I'mME
I'mME • Jun 7, 2024
LongerJohnny wrote:
Throw her in the laundry with some fabric softener and Snuggle cling-free dryer sheets. There you go - "problem" solved.

I prefer GAIN, damnit. 😳🙄☺️
LilAmethyst​(sub female){DaddyDrago}
I personally feel there is a distinct difference between being clingy and being desired.

From experiences within my own dynamic. I have discovered that my clingyness was a root cause of my anxious attachment style. I was essentially "needing" for my Sir to quiet my fears, the sensations and emotions that were coming in my body. I struggled to know how to communicate what I was somatically experiencing. I didn't know how to express my emotions in a way that was not projecting my fears onto him and making him responsible for what I was feeling & experiencing. I was looking to him to structure me to death in an attempt to quiet my fears. None of which is his responsibility. My emotions, fears and somatic experiences are my responsibility to navigate.

What he has personally taught me is to release the shackles of codependency that had me believing that I "needed" him to quiet my trauma responses. Being in the presence of his calm and stable leadership helped me to learn how to take back what's mine. I've learned how to not look outside of myself to feel calm and at peace. He's helped me to learn how to find internal peace that comes from a place of interdependence.

Which for me is a matter of, I do not "need" him, but I do want/desire his leadership, protection, perspectives and love.

His way of leading is very unique to what he personally finds value in. He wants nothing more than for me and those around him to stop handing our power away to others. He's a BIG advocate of not fostering codependent behaviors. He knows that for him he does not desire or wish to manage and or maintain where another person finds themselves emotionally on their respective journey. He desires to cultivate peace by reminding them that their peace comes from within.

This has worked AMAZINGLY for me and US. 🙏💕

Each dynamic is so unique to the individuals involved and I am certain that our way is not the only way to navigate these types of experiences. I trust that others will discover what works for them, in their perfect timing along their journey. 😊
shebakesalot​(sub female)
shebakesalot​(sub female) • Jun 7, 2024
lambsone wrote:

May I ask what specific things or behaviors you consider to be "clingy"? In my experience and in talking with others, when someone becomes or is "clingy," it's often because they have unmet needs. Your last suggestion to find what the core problem is is perhap the best route for this. And in some cases, as others have mentioned, the cause for clinginess could just be a mismatch.
I'mME
I'mME • Jun 7, 2024
LilAmethyst wrote:
I personally feel there is a distinct difference between being clingy and being desired.

From experiences within my own dynamic. I have discovered that my clingyness was a root cause of my anxious attachment style. I was essentially "needing" for my Sir to quiet my fears, the sensations and emotions that were coming in my body. I struggled to know how to communicate what I was somatically experiencing. I didn't know how to express my emotions in a way that was not projecting my fears onto him and making him responsible for what I was feeling & experiencing. I was looking to him to structure me to death in an attempt to quiet my fears. None of which is his responsibility. My emotions, fears and somatic experiences are my responsibility to navigate.

What he has personally taught me is to release the shackles of codependency that had me believing that I "needed" him to quiet my trauma responses. Being in the presence of his calm and stable leadership helped me to learn how to take back what's mine. I've learned how to not look outside of myself to feel calm and at peace. He's helped me to learn how to find internal peace that comes from a place of interdependence.

Which for me is a matter of, I do not "need" him, but I do want/desire his leadership, protection, perspectives and love.

His way of leading is very unique to what he personally finds value in. He wants nothing more than for me and those around him to stop handing our power away to others. He's a BIG advocate of not fostering codependent behaviors. He knows that for him he does not desire or wish to manage and or maintain where another person finds themselves emotionally on their respective journey. He desires to cultivate peace by reminding them that their peace comes from within.

This has worked AMAZINGLY for me and US. 🙏💕

Each dynamic is so unique to the individuals involved and I am certain that our way is not the only way to navigate these types of experiences. I trust that others will discover what works for them, in their perfect timing along their journey. 😊

❤️
THIS RIGHT HERE. ☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️

Quit looking for your peace inside of someone else.