Online now
Online now

BDSM related to healing?

Liliac​(sub female)
5 years ago • Feb 19, 2019

BDSM related to healing?

Liliac​(sub female) • Feb 19, 2019
This thread might be controversial from the medical aspect of things but if not here, where could I ask this question?
As most of the people in the lifestyle has said before, BDSM is not all about sex and I agree.

The question I want to ask is is it possible to have a BDSM session purely to get a state of mind peace? I ask this because apparently subs go through subspace and during the session, all the worries and thoughts fall away, just leaving the sensations, so I heard.
I am making a muck out of myself so I will phrase it like this.

Have you done a session with a person other than your Dom or sub? What effects did you get from that session?

Obviously,it's not going to be intense as doing it with your own Dom/sub, but did it help you in anyway?

Sorry if my question doesn't come very clear. This reflects the state of my mind right now.
AKittenforSir​(sub female){JohnBond}
"Is it possible to have a BDSM session purely to get a state of mind peace?"

Yes, absolutely. Not every session or scene is for sexual gratification. The reason I'm drawn to this lifestyle in the first place is that I find solace and peace in laying my troubles at Sir's feet and trusting that he'll take care of them and me. (Granted, just thinking about my SIr makes me all panty and squirmy, but that's beside the point.) If I've had a really horrendous day, I may beg Sir for a night of multiple orgasms OR I might just go grab the paddle from it's designated place and bring it to Sir and say "Please make me forget".
MasterBear​(other butch)
MasterBear​(other butch) • Feb 19, 2019
ABSOLUTELY.

Play for mental peace is huge. I get massive euphoria from playing.

I have multiple play partner s.

I get euphoric from playing with them as well.

I believe in using bdsm for healing. NOY FOR THERAPY.

But self healing, like self care, happens for me through BDSM.

Like sub space I go into Master space. The world just seems better.
Zaramia​(dom female)
5 years ago • Feb 20, 2019
Zaramia​(dom female) • Feb 20, 2019
I can play in a non sexual rope fashion with people in the same way I can take a yoga class with them - it's restorative and therapeutic.
I will go places with My Top of the Slash person that I will probably not go with others.
For me, actually healing my soul, or theirs, requires opening it up in a way that's not really very playful, usually, but sometimes is hilariously playful, but more intimate than I get with a play partner.
hiraethslave​(sub female){unavailabl}
I think it depends on your own brand of D/s. I have tried twice to play outside of a relationship and neither time was positive. I need that connection, that respect to access the place where I'm emotionally, mentally, deeply on my knees. Yes, it is absolutely possible for some, for others maybe not.
JohnBond​(dom male){Kitten}
I think MasterBear touched on an important point.

“I believe in using bdsm for healing. NOT FOR THERAPY. ”

I think when it comes to Dominants and healing through BDSM that you have to know yourself very well. Practicing in a bad headspace or a dark place can be dangerous. It isn’t that the Dominant can’t heal through BDSM but I think they already have to be on the upswing from whatever it is. I think as a dominant it is easy to potentially hurt someone, emotionally or physically, and it requires a pretty good objective understanding of your current state. If you’re not in shape to play then don’t play.

I do think it is a bit different for submissives though. I think there is a little bit more room for letting the BDSM / Dom help you get into the right mind set as opposed to needing to be in it when you get started.

-JB
    The most loved post in topic
SchrodingersDinosaur​(switch female)
5 years ago • Feb 21, 2019
Totally onboard with MasterBear's take on it. There are different levels of healing, different kinds of therapy. And for some of us it doesn't have to be with a serious relationship, as long as you are in a safe situation, a scene can be a very healing. The physical and emotional release is exactly what's needed to process and deal with life in general. It can be a difficult state to achieve, and isn't for everyone, but for me personally it works.