Online now
Online now

Dom symbols

rougefox
3 years ago • Aug 19, 2020

Dom symbols

rougefox • Aug 19, 2020
I have recently returned to the BDSM community and am becoming reacquainted with the changes since I was active. One of the things I have encountered was the lack of identifying symbols for Doms. The Subs seem to have a plethora of symbols identifying themselves and their preferences but the only thing I see for Doms is stuff for the "Daddy"s. With masks and lack of social interaction I am finding body language difficult to read and would like to have a subtle way of telling those in the know what I'm all about. Thanks!
Gingersnapt​(sub female)
Gingersnapt​(sub female) • Aug 19, 2020
Hi Rouge,
Flagging is still a thing. Although used by both sides of the slash, there are ways to indicate a top preference. Also, I believe only Master's will receive a cover or leather cap from their community.
MissBonnie​(dom female){oz}
Not just for Dom/mes but wearing the "triskelion" as jewelry or on clothing 9pins, prints etc) helps identify others while out and about. Careful selection of other jewelry can also help with what side of the slash they are on. My subs and all wear the trisk on leather chokers. Surprising the amount of kinksters that comment in a subtle way. One of my favs was lovely female at the supermarket. She said I like your top, I have a matching bottom to it, if you'd like to lend it! ...it started a wonderful friendship

I haven't used this site, just did a quick google search for a example of jewellery

https://fetjeweller.com/pages/about-the-bdsm-triskelion
    The most loved post in topic
DrWakko
DrWakko • Aug 19, 2020
It can be quiet easy to find a taken submissive since you look for the collar around their neck or maybe it’s a necklace with an old key around it.

I have talked with other Doms about this and we have noticed that subs give off a vibe. For example many moons ago when we could sit and eat in places called restaurants I was able to tell if our server was a sub. It was like subdar I knew instantly. And I think the server knew there was something about me too. The service I received would be better. I noticed the server would come by more and I would get more attention.

I would assume you have this same gift. Maybe if you listen to your instincts more you will find out your Domdar works great.

DW
DrKrall
DrKrall • Aug 19, 2020
DrWakko wrote:
I have talked with other Doms about this and we have noticed that subs give off a vibe. For example many moons ago when we could sit and eat in places called restaurants I was able to tell if our server was a sub. It was like subdar I knew instantly. And I think the server knew there was something about me too. The service I received would be better. I noticed the server would come by more and I would get more attention.

I've experienced the same on several occasions. Females taking a bow and calling me Sir in such a discreet way nobody else has even noticed but clearly announcing themselves as subs to me. Somehow they know what I am and I knew what they are as soon as we saw each other. It's a very weird feeling.
Aquarius Dom​(dom male)
3 years ago • Aug 20, 2020
Aquarius Dom​(dom male) • Aug 20, 2020
I’ve said many times that walking into a crowded room or the like that something triggers and my eyes meet someone, and sooner or later I find them at my elbow stood quietly until I speak to them !!

Yep subdar and DomTrack is alive and well
hank submissive male​(sub male)
Whenever I see someone who I think is in the lifestyle I can not bring myself to ask if they are I have not been too successful at reading people in the lifestyle I think that there is a time and a place for finding out if they are in the community but I am shy when it comes to finding out if someone is or isn't in the lifestyle I have not seen anyone wearing a triskelion or sone other clues that they are into bdsm that is why I am here If I could get to a munch that would be great but there are not many active munches close to where I live
tallslenderguy​(other male)
i love this question, thank you for asking it!

i too am a firm believer in "dar" in general. In my case, i first experienced it as "gaydar,' and experienced it a lot (more) before online took over meeting. i suspect it has to do with the parts of communication that are non verbal? Maybe even pheromones figure in?

One of the more profound experiences (and again, i have had many) was when i was driving down the street in my beat up pick up truck on a city street. A guy pulled up next to me, just glanced over. Our eyes met, and He looked away, pulled forward and in front of me. i followed Him into a Burger King parking lot, followed Him into the restroom where He locked the door behind us, wordlessly undid and pulled down my jeans, turned me around and bent me over. He spat in His hand and applied it to my anus, then unzipped and proceeded to breed me. When He was done, He zipped up without a word, turned around and unlocked the door and left. i scrambled, sort of dazed, to re-lock the door and pull my own jeans up.

This is a completely true story and i have other similar experiences where nothing verbal passed between us, but we both knew. One of the most amazing experiences i have ever had being Dommed happened with a Guy who picked me up at a gay resort. The gay part was a given because of the location, but the D/s part just happened. Nothing was spoken about D/s, but wow did He ever Dom me and i submitted. He had me so mind fucked that i ended up adoring Him, and most of it was just knowing on both our parts.

On the other hand, i cannot count the number of times my "Domdar" or "gaydar" were just projections of my own wishful desires and needs lol. There's a guy at work who, under normal circumstances, would not be my 'type.' But there is something about Him that has latched onto me and won't let go, and it is Dom. It's very subtle, but the more i see Him, the more i wanna just tuck in. It's work, so i have to be careful, so it would be very helpful to have some sort of sign to know if my dar is tracking?