Online now

Is Chivalry Dead?

rosethorn​(sub female)
2 years ago • Aug 21, 2021

Re: Chivalry is dead

rosethorn​(sub female) • Aug 21, 2021
MrFulmen wrote:
rosethorn wrote:
Thanks to third wave feminists. You can't want everything exactly the same to the point you shout at men who hold doors open for women and call them sexist and then complain chivalry is dead.

What they don't like is that no one holds the door open for them. Ironically because they don't want to be shouted at. You can't have both.

That sure is hypocritical of those imaginary feminists-who-complain-about-men-not-holding-doors-for-them who you just made up.

Hypocritical would imply you think im a third wave feminist. Im on about a specific fringe of them.

No i say thank you when doors are opened for me, i hold doors open for others too.
luvij​(sub female)
2 years ago • Aug 24, 2021
luvij​(sub female) • Aug 24, 2021
For me, chivalry still has an important place. I would definitely and particularly be moved by it when it comes from my Dom when we’re out in public. It would make me feel cherished by him and that would encourage me to be even more giving to him when he asks what he wants of me.
Holding my hand to steady me walking down steps, opening car doors for me, even walking beside me and not ahead of me is important to me.
It’s nice to have this kind of courtesy from men in general; but especially appreciated from my Dominant partner.
Redfoxmask​(dom male)
2 years ago • Aug 25, 2021
Redfoxmask​(dom male) • Aug 25, 2021
chivalry isnt dead, some of us good guys are still around, when a woman/sub is with me, she walks on the inside of the sidewalk nearest buildings, I walk street side her on my arm, I open doors, women first, If out to dinner eating, she lets me know what she wants to eat then I do all the ordering. I dint just go to the car and get in, i go to the passenger side help her in, clise the door then go around etc etc. its how I was raised as a child and its been with me ever since. Some people never was taught that, and the melianials of today I dont think were taught or passed down from family, but there are also other factors I have run into women pissed off cause I did and was told Im a woman I can open my own doors, or I dont need a man to do anything for me, so I get it from both sides, good and bad. just keep looking we are still around.
MissBonnie​(dom female){oz}

Re: Is Chivalry Dead?

aliljaded wrote:
Chivalry;
Men behaving courteously toward women — holding the door for them, offering them their jackets when it's cold — is called chivalry. Many women consider chivalry a lost art.
In my opinion, I think that It's becoming a lost art. Nowadays men walk through doors before me and cut in line ahead of me. It's really quite disturbing. So why is this happening? Are they in a rush? Or, do they just not get "IT"?

Is chivalry dead? Is it a lost art?

I do believe its VERY much alive and well in the Femdom community...if not, it nearly always is introduced as a form of "protocol"
I'm happy to say I've always been lucky enough to find gentlemen with manners and lucky for them, I find it sexy as fuck!
Steellover​(sub male)
Steellover​(sub male) • Aug 25, 2021
I always believe in treating people with respect, because I was taught that way, and I suspect most people with solid upbringing are. Hold the door open for women. Pay for everything on the first date. Don't whip out your phone while at the dinner table. Be respectful, kind, etc. Don't be a "Creep."
Ive never had anyone yell at me for doing these things, but just as there are rude, abrasive men out there, I am sure there are rude, abrasive women out there who will act offended if you hold doors for them, etc- because they are rude and abrasive, not because it is "wrong" for a guy to do this.

Though, if a woman ever insists on being treated (or not being treated) a certain way, then as a guy, I would try to respect that- I'm not going to hold the door open for a women who politely but firmly tells me not to do that for her.
SinMaster
2 years ago • Aug 31, 2021
SinMaster • Aug 31, 2021
I have learned to ask first like Ma’am may I open the door for you?
I ask every time I am going to do something for somebody.
It doesn’t take long to ask.
I haven’t been yelled at for quite sometime and even now a no thanks sounds much better.

O
Jareth​(dom male)
2 years ago • Aug 31, 2021
Jareth​(dom male) • Aug 31, 2021
I am in my mid-forties and I have never once been yelled at for opening or holding a door for anyone. Female or male.

I have been given the, “no, you go ahead” many times and I have gone ahead.

Chivalry is not a male/female thing. Being chivalrous is about helping those around you. It is about being generous in thought and deed.

It’s really very simple.

Hold the door if you wish, but move ahead if they wish. Chivalry isn’t about yourself, it’s about others.