Online now
Online now

Relationship vs Dynamic

rosethorn​(sub female)
2 years ago • Aug 21, 2021

Relationship vs Dynamic

rosethorn​(sub female) • Aug 21, 2021
Do you believe you can combine both or is relationship separate to a dynamic?

To my mind you can have both but im curious as to others opinions
BratAubri​(sub female)
BratAubri​(sub female) • Aug 21, 2021
My bf/Dom and I have both. In general day to day we communicate like a couple and are “equals” when we are just relaxing but we do get into character quite often and sometimes it lasts 5 minutes, sometimes it lasts hours. Just depends on our moods and the situation.

It’s definitely a good balance of relationship and dynamic for sure.
dollMaker​(dom male)
dollMaker​(dom male) • Aug 21, 2021
Definitely both, one can grow into another, or the goal to have both can be there right from the get go.

There are those who only want a bdsm dynamic with no relationship, play only. I think thats lacking, but each to their own.
Noire{Owned (NH)}
Noire{Owned (NH)} • Aug 21, 2021
I’ve had many conversations with perspective dominants surrounding this topic. For me personally, I become attached to the person I open up to or express emotional vulnerability with.

I am organically a monogamous woman. So once I open up romantically to someone I would prefer to have what I like to say RBDSM 🤣
( Romantic, Bondage, Dominant, submissive, Mischief.)

I prefer to be in a relationship as well as a dynamic with my chosen partner. But that’s only because I am a Demi sexual personality, casual encounters bring no substance to me. But for others they are okay with only wanting a sexual part in a dynamic, not the emotions.
    The most loved post in topic
Ingénue{VK}
Ingénue{VK} • Aug 21, 2021
I find it impossible. I like to discard those who seek to get close in any emotional sense because it disgusts me and does not work to enhance any sense of connection. I tried it in the past and it blurred and obscured a sense of exchange.

If I want a friend, I'll find one. If I want a plaything or a Dominant, likewise. It would be a rare creature who could manage both roles and that of a friend too. Especially in this place of online pretend chatterfucking, where most people play briefly then run away. Kudos to the lovely connected long term couples, rl or otherwise, but there seems to be a sad and steady spate of break ups more recently. I kind of miss the intensity of a break up, personally and feeling all sad about something that will mend but perhaps that is unfriendly of me.
House Talion​(dom male)
House Talion​(dom male) • Aug 21, 2021
It's certainly possible to do both, but as I've seen it's best done with a line clearly drawn between the two.
Moonlighter​(dom male)
Moonlighter​(dom male) • Aug 21, 2021
I think its possible to combine both, you might find you lean towards one more than the other but I can't see why both aren't possible to combine.
SoaringFree​(sub female){SCD}
2 years ago • Aug 22, 2021
We have both. We met here and have been together over 2 years. It started with D/s and grew into a relationship. The first 1 1/2 years it was probably 60% relationship, 40% D/s. Since the beginning of this year, we have shifted to 24/7 and are very happy.
alawey​(sub female){(OWNED BY }
2 years ago • Aug 22, 2021
First let me say I apologize about any missing punctuation, or any misplaced words I'm doing I talk to text oh, and we all know how that works out. I feel that a relationship and a dynamic do totally different things in my book can work together. Wolf and I have been together as a couple since late 2017 be moved in together 2018.. I believe that in a relationship you can have the dynamic and part of it and even within that dynamic your partner's not equals / say I'm probably not making any sense with this. Let me give an example there are things that was his granting me permission to do or take care of somethings around the house thatsome might feel would be the Dom's responsibility. But it's a matter of knowing each other strength s. . A true 24/7 is a mixture of both at all times . Even when we are just sitting watch a movie or paying Bill's or grocery shopping I am ALWAYS his sub and he is ALWAYS my Dom. . It is like a woven rug. The threads intertwine with each other.

Can you have a dynamic without a relationship. YES u can but to me that's along the lines of play partners, meaning no disrespect