Online now
Online now

Is it unacceptable to ask a dom for a nude ?

tsi​(sub female)
2 years ago • Aug 25, 2021

Is it unacceptable to ask a dom for a nude ?

tsi​(sub female) • Aug 25, 2021
I am fairly new to this whole Bdsm/ d/s relationship. Often I find myself giving a lot more than I am receiving . And I want to say something about it to them but I am scared . Specially when it’s a new relationship. They are always seeing my body but I’m never seeing theirs ! Is it disrespectful to ask for a nude ?
ThisIsTheWay​(dom male)
ThisIsTheWay​(dom male) • Aug 25, 2021
I dont think so, for me personally I have a rule to never send a dick pick or below the belt, for myself, and if a person doesn't want to then that is fair, I dont expect anything when it comes to nudes or sexy pictures, just sort of if someone is comfortable doing it then that is them personally and if not that is fine too but for me I dont do that. very much not into doing nudes,

I dont think it is unacceptable or what not, but it is up to each persons preference / comfort level.
cherilynn​(sub female)
cherilynn​(sub female) • Aug 25, 2021
Hey there,
First, I freely admit I have no experience with online relationships.
However, I am familiar with that feeling of giving so much and not getting much in return.
If I may impart some friendly advice, speak up! Don't be afraid to ask for what you really want or that feeling of dissatisfaction is just going to grow and grow until you are just so fed up you throw in the towel.

And yeah, if he gets to see yours, you should see his too. Fair play and all that.
    The most loved post in topic
MissBonnie​(dom female){oz}
Great question.
I don't think I've seen this asked on ANY Forum before when it comes to Maledom (and it actually should be asked)
I have seen this asked when it comes to Femdom (Hmm lopsided me thinks!!!)

Like above, I don't think its unacceptable if its in BOTHS preference/comfort level. As they say, what is good for the Goose should be good for the gander.
For some how a person looks is important to them as it is part of the attraction.

Some also need certain criteria in order of "appearance or body shape" in order to function on a sexual level (true fetishism) for EG a certain size, color or shape. For myself I can see how this would matter to some. For a lot of us kinksters, having a fetish isn't something that can be over looked.

Myself if this is an online situation that might grow to more and become in person (or is staying online but has a serious note, other than short term), then yeah I'd want to be privy to that kind of "very personal" information about the person but not cause of the "they are nude" factor but as I see it as a sign of trust and connection. You don't just take your clothes for anyone, or at least I don't (more power to those that do, I admire you for that)Especially if your planing a future or a major re location etc. I'm actually not overly concerned how a person "appears" for me its more about that persons openness and willingness to please the other, in order to have there own needs met. Being naked strips more than clothes, it removes all and leaves NO place to hide.

Am I going to get my clothes off on Cam any time soon, nope! highly doubt it, unless that connection is formed first.
Redfoxmask​(dom male)
Redfoxmask​(dom male) • Aug 25, 2021
as a Dom I dont typically ask for nudes and I DO NOT! give out nudes, I have had troubles in the past and my life nearly ruined by some jack ass who asked for a nude so yeza never again. but to each their own. its your life do as you like. there are some really bad people out here on the net and lesson learned so I dont mind sending a shoulder up face pic but nothing more. just my 2 copper worth.
poppyclaire​(sub female)
poppyclaire​(sub female) • Aug 25, 2021
As everyone has said it really depends on each person's comfort level but I don't think its rude or disrespectful to ask. Most doms set expectations at the beginning and will ask you what you're into or what you want, if getting visuals is a big thing for you that'd be a great time to let them know. Some people use them as rewards too, asking for pics generally works then too without things feeling awkward.
dollMaker​(dom male)
dollMaker​(dom male) • Aug 25, 2021
I have been asked in the past, and once trust is well and truly established, yup photos are fine or even during a skype convo. From the get go of a conversation no, sorry.

In saying that a challenge on here awhile ago did see me put up mostly nude photos, in a creative way, but with anonymity elements put in place to protect my privacy.
Miki
Miki • Aug 25, 2021
While "acceptable" and "unacceptable" varies with the dominant, one ought not request nudes early in a relationship, even online-- But in general I wouldn't recommend sending or asking... Once online, things never really go away and things like nudes, dick pics and such may pop up later in life, at the worst possible time, and bite one in the ass.
gabriel kerry​(dom male)
gabriel kerry​(dom male) • Aug 25, 2021
As with all things... Put those words in some of your beginning messages. Say, by the way I would prefer that pictures are two sided. So if we get to xyz I would like these aspects if the relationship a 50/50.
Put that in your limits section.
Moonlighter​(dom male)
Moonlighter​(dom male) • Aug 25, 2021
I agree with Miki on this one, it varies from person to person.

I would say that if in the first couple of weeks someone is asking you for nudes and you don't want to send them then don't but a relationship in bdsm is about trust so maybe point out that the level of trust is important to you and you want them to commit as much in return.

Personally I wouldn't send nudes ... but then I wouldn't ask for them either so my opinion might be moot.