Online now
Online now

Any ideas on how to kill 8 hours in Daytona FL?

kaoh
10 months ago • Jun 25, 2023

Any ideas on how to kill 8 hours in Daytona FL?

kaoh • Jun 25, 2023
I'm on the hook to drive to Daytona tomorrow and drive back. Looking for something to do while waiting. Hanging out in a bar is not going to be an option with a midnight drive awaiting me. Apollo beach is in the neighborhood but would add two more hours of driving round-trip from my drop off location.
autisticbarbie
10 months ago • Jun 26, 2023
autisticbarbie • Jun 26, 2023
I'm terrified of the state of Florida. I hope someone has some cool ideas for you though and that you have a great time. I usually just bring extra work and go eat at a restaurant / work at coffee shops, but I'm no fun at all, lol.
    The most loved post in topic
kaoh
kaoh • Jun 26, 2023
I have to say I agree with you about Florida but it seemed like a good idea at the time. I'm sure if you were in the area you would be a lot of fun despite your claim otherwise. If all else fails we could just have fun being awkward around each other and eating ice cream. My silly man-brain has some kind of fantasy that when I put out a request like that someone will jump up and say, "come on over and we can massage each other poolside." You know on a random Monday afternoon with someone they've never met. Someone recommended a nude club/resort not too far from my destination, I may give that a try. Thanks for your reply and advice. If anything exciting happens, I'll report back, if you have any interest.
Richlydefined​(sub female){Gardener}
As someone who lived there and often took weekend trips to Daytona I can tell you those were some of my only enjoyable times in the state. If you aren't looking to hang out in the bar then just head out toward the beach itself, you can totally kill time wandering the little (overpriced) beach shops and a local stores for some window shopping. They have great little restaurants on the beach as well so You could go enjoy a meal on a patio, very likely one that has live music even. You could also drive out on the beach itself and people watch the tourists or even mingle with them. Almost none of them are from FL themselves and tend to be very friendly, you might even spot a Santa Claus or two. The beaches are right in the immediate area so you don't have to travel too far out of Daytona to reach the calmer beaches though being summer there will assuredly be more people around. New Smyrna Beach was my favorite one to visit, it's about 20 mins south. Shit, if I were headed there I'd rent an umbrella for the day and park my ass on the sand with a book.
kaoh
kaoh • Jun 26, 2023
Thanks for the advice Richly. I'm from Indian Harbour Beach near Melbourne so Daytona is a bit much for me and temp was reading 95 on the way up. We got a late start and didn't get here til 4:00. Decided on a movie. Waiting for Meteor City to start.
kaoh
10 months ago • Jun 27, 2023
kaoh • Jun 27, 2023
Update and close, I guess. Ended up watching 'Meteor City' (Good if you like Wes Anderson). Still had time so also watched 'The Blackening'. I have to admit I probably would not have chosen it but the only other movie available for the time I had, besides the new Jennifer Lawrence movie and the preview looked absolutely horrible. Blackening was a refreshing surprise. Was expecting a lot of dumb, stereotype, race based comedy. What I got was a cross between 'The Big Chill' (look it up if you are under 40), a cabin in the woods slasher movie, and 'Friday'. Probably would wait til streaming but worth a watch.

Thanks for your input.
IowaDom​(dom male)
10 months ago • Jun 28, 2023
IowaDom​(dom male) • Jun 28, 2023
Just roll up on the first group of guys on motorcycles you see, and smack the lead guy in the chops whjile calling him a wus. Guaranteed all the hours you have left are spoken for icon_razz.gif
Nitrev​(dom male)
Nitrev​(dom male) • Jun 28, 2023
I have no clue why Apollo Beach was even mentioned outside of if you wanted to take the 75 back to OH lol it is clear on the other coast from Daytona, and take it from me there is nothing here.

I'd say go up back North to Jacksonville. That's going to be your closest metro and there should be plenty to do
kaoh
kaoh • Jun 28, 2023
Nitrev wrote:
I have no clue why Apollo Beach was even mentioned outside of if you wanted to take the 75 back to OH lol it is clear on the other coast from Daytona, and take it from me there is nothing here.

I'd say go up back North to Jacksonville. That's going to be your closest metro and there should be plenty to do

There is an Apollo beach in Florida as well. It is part of the Canaveral National Seashore. For some reason the beach is separated into Apollo to the north and Playalinda to the south. In between is "primitive" hiking that requires a special permit. Apollo is nude at parking lot 5 and Playalinda is nude at parking lot 13. It is $20 per vehicle to enter either park and the parking is very limited. On a hot day the trek from a spot nearby can be miserable. Which is why I much prefer Blind Creek further south on Hutchinson Island.

Jacksonville is, not affectionately, referred to as Freaksville and to be avoided.

Orlando, or O-town, or Mouseville, would be the closest metro and also to be avoided.

Not really a metro but if you are looking for town to kill time in St. Augustine would be a better choice.

Of the four 'official' nude beaches in Florida, Apollo is the furthest north and closest to Daytona but still 30 minutes south (of Daytona). See parking and pricing issues above.

To complete our tour, Sunny Sands nude resort is about 45 minutes west of Daytona.