Online now
Online now

Activity

aPeepingMom​(sub female)
6 months ago • Oct 25, 2023
aPeepingMom​(sub female) • Oct 25, 2023
K y i v wrote:
You really need premium to get the advantages and much more contact.

To me, being a premium member does allow more 1:1 contact, but it doesn’t change your participation in the overall site activity.

So for the OP, if you want the ability to message users individually, then premium has its advantages. If you’re interested in blog and forum activity, being a premium subscriber doesn’t change much.
K y i v
K y i v • Oct 25, 2023
Premium enriches blogs with the ability to add voice and pictures...and live links.
But yes you may participate without that.
aPeepingMom​(sub female)

Re: Activity

aPeepingMom​(sub female) • Oct 25, 2023
SnowMinx wrote:
Do people mostly talk in mail or on the premium messenger thing then?

I love logging in for the blogs and forums, and while I chat occasionally with a handful of people in messenger (not a fan of the mail threads), I prefer engaging publicly in forum posts. I love reading everyone’s POV versus a single POV in chat and would love to see more activity from more members!
SnowMinx​(sub female){Owned}

aPeepingMom wrote:
SnowMinx wrote:
Do people mostly talk in mail or on the premium messenger thing then?

I love logging in for the blogs and forums, and while I chat occasionally with a handful of people in messenger (not a fan of the mail threads), I prefer engaging publicly in forum posts. I love reading everyone’s POV versus a single POV in chat and would love to see more activity from more members!

Im trying to liven it up lol 😆
I'mME
6 months ago • Oct 26, 2023

I'mME • Oct 26, 2023
Sololoquy wrote:
SnowMinx wrote:
Im just curious...for such a busy site, the forums are dead. The chat room format sucks so I understand that being quiet. Do people mostly talk in mail or on the premium messenger thing then?

I've been here a couple of weeks and it feels pretty slow to me too. I mostly read older threads and write blog posts. I have things I'd like to ask or have asked and it sometimes feels to me like BDSM is so huge that out of those who are active, maybe only a small percentage will find it relatable enough to reply, or maybe they've seen the same questions arise before. It's difficult because threads close after 12 months and I've found older threads I'd love to continue but can't.

Sololoqy,

You can ask a question that has already been a topic in the forums. There is no rules about that.
Sololoquy

Sololoquy • Oct 26, 2023
I'mME wrote:
Sololoquy wrote:
SnowMinx wrote:
Im just curious...for such a busy site, the forums are dead. The chat room format sucks so I understand that being quiet. Do people mostly talk in mail or on the premium messenger thing then?

I've been here a couple of weeks and it feels pretty slow to me too. I mostly read older threads and write blog posts. I have things I'd like to ask or have asked and it sometimes feels to me like BDSM is so huge that out of those who are active, maybe only a small percentage will find it relatable enough to reply, or maybe they've seen the same questions arise before. It's difficult because threads close after 12 months and I've found older threads I'd love to continue but can't.

Sololoqy,

You can ask a question that has already been a topic in the forums. There is no rules about that.

It's more that I find something someone commented I want to reply to and can't, but I thought it might be weird to target that in a new post, saying "Hey, this thing [user] said 4 years ago? Totally made sense and I want to get into that."
LongerJohnny​(dom male)

LongerJohnny​(dom male) • Oct 26, 2023
Sololoquy wrote:

It's more that I find something someone commented I want to reply to and can't, but I thought it might be weird to target that in a new post, saying "Hey, this thing [user] said 4 years ago? Totally made sense and I want to get into that."

There is no problem with bringing up any topic (within cage guidelines of course) even one that has been discussed before - in fact it happens a lot. Some of us who have been around for a while may remember previous similar discussions, and someone may comment with a link to an older post if there is particularly relevant information in it. Unfortunately there will also be times when a comment will begin with something like "we have had this conversation 100 times before..." or words to that effect, but keep in mind that every day there are people just joining cage, or participating in the forums for the very first time, for whom those discussions will be brand new.
So bring up whatever you want. I would suggest looking a bit first to see if there is already a similar open, active conversation, but if not - go for it!
I'mME

I'mME • Oct 26, 2023
Sololoquy wrote:
I'mME wrote:
Sololoquy wrote:
SnowMinx wrote:

Sololoqy,

Hello,
There is a chance that they are not here any longer. You reframe the answer to a forum question or not....
Sweet Ginger​(sub female){}
6 months ago • Oct 27, 2023
I don't go into chat or the personals, to each their own but it's not my jam..I'm "active" on blogs either writing my own or reading others also in mail, that is respectful mail... I read/respond to forum topics occasionally, if there's a topic that catches my eye ..oftentimes it's not where I go to first. Usually after mail/blogs i forget about the forums and log off.
LordofPain56
6 months ago • Oct 29, 2023

LordofPain56 • Oct 29, 2023
[quote="I'mME"][quote="Sololoquy"]
SnowMinx wrote:

I did not know they kept forum threads active only so long. I belong to an antique Ford car forum that allows users to type in some keywords in a search box. It pops up all the previous theads on that topic down thru the ages.
But in the absence of that feature, I know of no one here that would raise a stink over a topic being presented that had been previously discussed a couple years ago. I've seen topics brought up that have been discussed before and they received wide participation the second time around, to all our benefit.