Online now
Online now

Disconnected 'profiles'

tallslenderguy​(other male)
4 months ago • Dec 22, 2023

Disconnected 'profiles'

i know we often touch on this topic in The Cage, thought i'd start a dedicated thread about profiles (especially on "dating sites") that leave you wondering, and otherwise bemused, about the author.

i'm curious what others consider a "disconnected profile" to be, and about the reactions, feelings, thoughts you have when you encounter them? Maybe even some of those who recognize their self in some of the examples can weigh in and inform about the whys and wherefores behind the profile.

Here's a couple to start off:

"Looking for LTR, serious only"

No other information except gender, age and location... not even a pic. So unless i'm reallllly interested in their gender, age or location, why should i contact this person?

"Any questions, just ask, I'm an open book."

Similar response. To me, this is a "book" without a title or prologue. Seeing it, i'd pass it by thinking the printer ran out of ink.
Miki
4 months ago • Dec 22, 2023
Miki • Dec 22, 2023
I'd say ignore those. I only keep my profile "thin" because I'm not looking.
Sincorrigible​(sub female)
4 months ago • Dec 23, 2023
Sincorrigible​(sub female) • Dec 23, 2023
Interesting question.

I agree with you re the very brief declarations of alleged serious intent, with nothing given to go on.

Even worse are the lengthy male adverts which talk about how they live and breathe the lifestyle. How they yearn for a true submissive to dote on/abuse etc...

And the disconnect comes when you begin a conversation. Only to discover they:

A) are living in mummy's house

😎 are married and the wife would never understand

C) don't know a paddle from a puddle from a piddle

D) lol and chortle and chuckle at any information you provide given what you've experienced in the past in your sexual adventures

E) seem to think a single exchange means you are embarking on The World's Greatest Kink Adventure Ever.

Have banged on about this in the past. The lack of reality and genuine exchange astounds me.
    The most loved post in topic
K y i v
K y i v • Dec 23, 2023
Neither too long or too short, but just right, sin... The profile!
xaiverc​(dom male)

Humor and Reality

xaiverc​(dom male) • Dec 23, 2023
Sincorrigible wrote:
C) don't know a paddle from a puddle from a piddle

I did chuckle at this and thought to myself "If one piddles when paddled, a puddle will be created."

Do I pass? icon_smile.gif

Quote: The lack of reality and genuine exchange astounds me.

To be fair, this happens in both contexts. A sub is not *my* sub until there has been much discussion about being "my sub" really means. The number of people who think "a sub is a sub" or "a dom is a dom" is really disheartening.

.x
Sincorrigible wrote:

A) are living in mummy's house

E) seem to think a single exchange means you are embarking on The World's Greatest Kink Adventure Ever.

The lack of reality and genuine exchange astounds me.

EEK, yes!
Have run into A and E as those who actually do reply or initiate.

The feel from "A" is they are looking for someone to transfer responsibility to before "mummy" dies.

"E?" The only thing i can figure is they believe in magic.
Sincorrigible​(sub female)
Sincorrigible​(sub female) • Dec 23, 2023
@Kyiv good to know😁😉

@xaiverc glad you appreciated that 😊 and yes, I know re both sides. Some just do not get that this is about people. Dom/sub are simply facets.

@tallslenderguy I don't know if A types are looking to transfer, so much as they very often haven't got their shit sorted, and live in fantasy video game/distorted reality about what human connection is really about. And E types, well... 'you have to believe we are magic...' Bonus points to anyone who gets that reference. 😁
Sincorrigible wrote:
And E types, well... 'you have to believe we are magic...' Bonus points to anyone who gets that reference. 😁

Olivia knows the answer to that one.
Cognizant​(sadist male)
Cognizant​(sadist male) • Dec 23, 2023
on another site that is similar to the cage, I have sent munch or community event invites to blank profiles. . . .every once in a while there is a response.

There are a great many of us that do not want to be out, there are those that desire a high level of discretion, so not having a face picture is fine as long as there are some other details.

If it seems untrustworthy or you have a feeling. . .don't interact
Cognizant wrote:
on another site that is similar to the cage, I have sent munch or community event invites to blank profiles. . . .every once in a while there is a response.

There are a great many of us that do not want to be out, there are those that desire a high level of discretion, so not having a face picture is fine as long as there are some other details.

If it seems untrustworthy or you have a feeling. . .don't interact

Understand the desire for discretion and no pic.
To me, 'a thousand words' is worth more than a picture. Lots of guys never get past the wank pic/s, the refractory period doesn't result in a time of reflection and communication.