Online now
Online now

Personals

Miki
1 month ago • Mar 11, 2024
Miki • Mar 11, 2024
AlphaByDesign wrote:
If Madonna was making music before you were born, then you’re technically young.

I believe she started before I was born but the year I was born, 1984, she had begun to hit her stride.

I am 39 but that's hardly young.
QuietIsNotShy​(dom male)
1 month ago • Mar 21, 2024
QuietIsNotShy​(dom male) • Mar 21, 2024
Like Miki, I'm in IT, though web development isn't my specialty. Having said that, I'll echo her statements: the site is simple but functional, it's clean, and I can't recall seeing ads anywhere (my memory isn't so good anymore, though, so grains of salt). Could this site do with a little sprucing up? Sure, but it seems to me that the devs and admins are doing a good job of keeping it in good working order.

Having said that, I did get some activity through the personals. I met my current sub on there through her ad, and I had several people reach to me via my own ad. I never felt like the people I talked to via ads were scammers. Maybe I'm just lucky, but I'm grateful for the section while it was here.
Miki
1 month ago • Mar 21, 2024
Miki • Mar 21, 2024
@QuietNotShy: They never had ads on this site and seem to want to keep it that way. Even a clean and frills-free platform such as this costs, but so far they get enough from Premium subscriptions to stay ad free.

I read above (or somewhere) that they're looking to replace Personals with "alternatives"-- we'll just have to wait and see what comes along down the road.
Steellover​(sub male)
1 month ago • Mar 22, 2024
Steellover​(sub male) • Mar 22, 2024
I've never spent much time browsing the personals on here; I mainly use this site to interact through the forums and to write the occasional blog piece.
But it is a shame that this feature is gone. I can't think why it would be a legal liability; after all, other dating sites have been around for decades and as far as I know, are all still in buisness.
antihero​(dom male)
antihero​(dom male) • Mar 22, 2024
Can't wait to see what they release down the roads. I mostly read forums on here, but did check out the personals section every now and then.
QuietIsNotShy​(dom male)
QuietIsNotShy​(dom male) • Mar 22, 2024
I liked the idea of a personals page because I have never had an easy time meeting others in the lifestyle who were looking for relationships. That page definitely made it easier for me to meet people who were serious about finding someone. I don't usually talk to people IRL about being in the lifestyle because a lot of them are quite judgmental, sadly, and I've learned to just guard that part of myself.

Even when I did open up about to someone, like a close friend that I've had for many years, she just assumed I was talking about sex alone, not about BDSM in everyday life. Those who do want that kind of life are a minority of the population, so having a way to meet people that you'd normally never meet was a great thing in my opinion.
Satindragon
1 month ago • Mar 23, 2024
Satindragon • Mar 23, 2024
I have read several personal ads posted on profiles. That may work until they do something better.
Miki
1 month ago • Mar 23, 2024
Miki • Mar 23, 2024
tallslenderguy wrote:
Not to worry, evidence shows that when the personals feature goes away, some just post their personal ad to the forum lol.

There was one that was on earlier, a non-starter, some dude looking to be a 24/7 slave. Probably got his rocks off posting it but got only 2 replies one echoing your sentiment and one from me that told the dude this place isn't the type of site for that, best of luck, flesh out the profile if he wanted other conversation but the whole post is gone. Either they deleted it or he asked them to. I know when someone deactivates, their threads remain though.

From time to time we get those totally off-the-wall threads in here, usually guys asking for that which does not really exist in BDSM land, or at least not at the drop of a hat, or post.