Online now
Online now

Participating in website features out of loneliness/bordom

Badgirlblues​(dom male)
2 years ago • Nov 23, 2021

Participating in website features out of loneliness/bordom

Badgirlblues​(dom male) • Nov 23, 2021
I am not judging anyone when I ask this question. I have researched human communication. In this field, there is something called 'phatic communication,' which refers to a function of language which is meant simply to connect with someone so as not to feel alone or lonely.==and the intention is to get some feedback just so that one feels less isolated in the world. I'm wondering how many posts/topics, chat room participation, etc., are explored by members simply to be involved in 'connection' . The content doesn't matter. Here is a simple example. SOmeone cleaning his/her house might have the radio on just to feel less isolated. It doesn't really matter what station you're tuned into so long as it isn't offensive. It could be music, talk radio, interviews, etc. It doesn't really matter so long as you don't feel you're alone. So, how many people will ask a question or connect in other ways (even with ads) just to get responses. Not because one is curious about the answer or truly wants to hook up with someone. Thanks.
Curiousmind​(sub female){Owned}
Probably lots of people use the social media including this site in order to “connect” with others.

Personally i write as the way of self-expression. I am not seeking a feedback but grateful when my blogs , comments resonate or touch people in some way.
Miki
Miki • Nov 23, 2021
.... and there are those for whom social media has served to replace actual face to face communication, be it because they're unable to go out and connect, or because it's simply easier to pull out the phone and start yacking.

For that matter, I've been to restaurants, bars and clubs and all too often I see each end of a "date"--- with their faces buried in their devices, communicating with yet another person who isn't there.

That's my take on today's social media-as-communication trend and not necessarily in answer to the original topic.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And to the original post. No judging here either, but "So what?" Why does one feel the need to research aspects of human discourse save to sate some curiousity of their own, or to stave off boredom?

Above all else, that's the overall purpose of this site and others with or without the twisted bent. This is not a dating site. Its primary purpose is not to facilitate "hooking up". There is a "Personals" section of course, and a chat function, and those areas are where one goes if they want to start some type of relationship beyond conversation.

Humans are social creatures, and when one is alone, it is not at all uncommon or unusual to have a sound system or television going "in the background"-- and/or that's why people who live alone often have pets.

Company.
    The most loved post in topic
Richlydefined​(sub female){Gardener}
2 years ago • Nov 25, 2021
I do this. I spend a lot of my time alone. I work most days completely by myself. It's boring and lonely at the best of times. Often I get stuck in my head on a thought and I'll blog about it or surf the forums to see what people were talking about or even sit in chat just to have some form of connection to people.
I'mME
1 year ago • Aug 19, 2022
I'mME • Aug 19, 2022
I answer on topics I have something to say something about. I wm lonely, but if I don't have anything to say, don't know anything about something, it's a hornets nest, why would I write ?.
I don't follow these concepts that are always showing up .

Beint lonely is different than seeking attention.
I'm good 1i3h bring by myself. I love myself, I chastise myself, I congrats myself and I talk to my ChooChoo.

I may go out and find me some strange.

Been a long time, more than most of you could contemplate.

But I don't want any conversation. More a primal thing.
Steellover​(sub male)
Steellover​(sub male) • Aug 19, 2022
A Cloud wrote:
Location and reduced number of compatible people may play a part for some.

This is part of it for me. I don't know a lot of kink-minded people in real life. In fact, I know very, very few.
I generally only post things if I feel like I can contribute to the conversation in a positive way. Like for many, this site is not a "Dating/hookup" site for me, but a place to share ideas, thoughts, fantasies, and just meet and talk with people about things I can't talk about with the everyday people I interact with face to face.
I'mME

Re: Participating in website features out of loneliness/bord

I'mME • Aug 19, 2022
Badgirlblues wrote:
I am not judging anyone when I ask this question. I have researched human communication. In this field, there is something called 'phatic communication,' which refers to a function of language which is meant simply to connect with someone so as not to feel alone or lonely.==and the intention is to get some feedback just so that one feels less isolated in the world. I'm wondering how many posts/topics, chat room participation, etc., are explored by members simply to be involved in 'connection' . The content doesn't matter. Here is a simple example. SOmeone cleaning his/her house might have the radio on just to feel less isolated. It doesn't really matter what station you're tuned into so long as it isn't offensive. It could be music, talk radio, interviews, etc. It doesn't really matter so long as you don't feel you're alone. So, how many people will ask a question or connect in other ways (even with ads) just to get responses. Not because one is curious about the answer or truly wants to hook up with someone. Thanks.

I don't own a radio except in a vehicle, one of my needs is music [a need not a want] so when I Bluetooth some speakers to sync with my phone [someone threw away my receiver, a good old fashioned RCA] I am seeking to hear music. I think I commented on this earlier, I was tired and fell asleep, maybe I half commented, lol. I am a life long learner, and I can start one place looking up information, and the next thing you know, I am learning about a relative new comerin online verification that originally sprang forth from Estonia.

And I'm not here for a hookup. They are everywhere, or they were last time I checked, granted it was a long time ago.