Online now
Online now

Discussion: What technology/apps have you experimented with for BDSM?

Nitrev​(dom male)
10 months ago • Jun 29, 2023

Discussion: What technology/apps have you experimented with

Nitrev​(dom male) • Jun 29, 2023
Examples: Remote controlled toys, accountability apps, MDM apps, TeamViewer like apps, Skype/Discord, etc.

Let's make a catalog of technology we've dabbled with for kinky times. What have you tried/explored, and what were the results? I'll start.

At one point I was speaking with someone from California who introduced me to the app for their remote vibrator. You can set intensity, control how it vibrated, etc. just by touching the various buttons. Although it was ultimately not satiable, with that and Skype, I discovered my enjoyment in begging, tease, and denial.

Reading some personals/profiles on here about wanting to not have to make no decisions/wanting to be fully controlled, even 'micromanaged and monitored,' I've thought of ways that could be done effectively online, which led me to explore mobile device management apps. I haven't experimented with them, but from my background in computers and working with mdm, it seems promising for a remote TPE arrangement if someone really wants that degree of control

The last ones I've heard are apps for d/s accountability: assigning tasks, tracking them, etc. Most notable is the Obedience habit tracker app. I decided to download it to take a look. To start it looks like you need to make a an account, and the roles will provide different experiences. There is a tutorial which is useful, it guides you through logging habits as well as you can set punishments for habits not being completed and a rewards points system to redeem rewards for completing habits. Also has messaging and poly capable as you can have multiple partners. Not mentioned in the tutorial is the notes section where there are sections for rules, limits, ideas, and generic notes. The drawback with these apps is the same with vanilla note taking/to-do apps: the onus is on the users to enforce the standards they set, but having the one stop shop for assigning tasks, tracking progress, a quick reference to the agreed terms of your relationship(s), and punishment/rewards systems, is very good. One thing I'd be curious about if it allows a submissive partner to be linked to multiple Dom/mes, and if each partner in the system can see the other's contributions: like if Dom A and Dom B are linked to the same sub, does Dom A automatically see tasks Dom B assigns and vice versa.

What are some of your examples dabbling with technology in bdsm?
Bunnie
10 months ago • Jun 29, 2023
Bunnie • Jun 29, 2023
Great forum thread @Nitrev icon_smile.gif I look forward to seeing what’s out there that people are using. I’ve not had a lot of experience with using remote things, however I did use a journal system that I could write in that could be accessed by others, called, Penzu. I found it to be great.
shebakesalot​(sub female)
10 months ago • Jun 30, 2023
shebakesalot​(sub female) • Jun 30, 2023
I've used the Obedience app with a previous Dom. I loved that he could assign either a text prompt when I completed tasks or an audible prompt ("You're such a good little slut for me," etc). Fun times!
Nitrev​(dom male)
Nitrev​(dom male) • Jun 30, 2023
Bunnie wrote:
Great forum thread @Nitrev icon_smile.gif I look forward to seeing what’s out there that people are using. I’ve not had a lot of experience with using remote things, however I did use a journal system that I could write in that could be accessed by others, called, Penzu. I found it to be great.

The credit should go to Parker and Mel, they're the ones that suggested making this a forum topic. I just had nothing else to do at 5am in the Florida heat lol
BikerDan​(other male)
BikerDan​(other male) • Jun 30, 2023
I'm installing a Raspberry Pi controller in my playroom with remote access so I can have cameras, remote toys (milker, fuck machine, electro), 'programming' audio in headphones and more, through a secure web page.
I have set up the web front end and have basic control so far, but have been busy with other things recently.
I'm still building the playroom and hope to have the system all up and running by the time my gimp slave comes to stay.
aradialspire​(dom femme)
aradialspire​(dom femme) • Jun 30, 2023
I created a tutorial for my subs on how to use snapcam and other software solutions to protect their identity while doing playsessions online.

Now, nothing is 100% foolproof, but if you have a laptop/desktop you can use snapcam with an anonymizing filter to hide or alter your face. It works a good bit of the time and you can run a pre-recorded video through it to cover a face that pops into frame OR use it as a source in many browsers and chat programs if you're doing something live. I don't care how much you trust someone else online, it never hurts to protect your privacy in that sort of situation. AND THAT GOES BOTH (or more!) WAYS!
    The most loved post in topic
Little Mel​(sub female)
10 months ago • Jul 2, 2023
Little Mel​(sub female) • Jul 2, 2023
I love the Lovense toys. Good quality and lots of variety to play with. The app makes it easy to give someone else control, and they're always coming up with new toys. They did a Twitter orgy yesterday where connected toys would all activate for 5 seconds whenever Lovense was hashtagged in a tweet. 😂
LordofPain56
10 months ago • Jul 3, 2023
LordofPain56 • Jul 3, 2023
Sorry....except for this '90's desktop PC, I am a total technology moron.
But if you loaded this thing up with autocad, SKM power tools for windows, and infra-red scanning software, I could burn this computer down by overwhelming it with commands (like I used to do before I retired). Not really sure what an "app" is or how to access it.
But you wouldn't be surprized if you saw this place....1920's Sears and Roebuck kit house updated with 1950's kitchen appliances and a 1950's car in the driveway.
Gotta wonder what people who drive by here are thinking....like who is this guy? Barney Rubble?
Proprietor​(dom male)
10 months ago • Jul 3, 2023
Proprietor​(dom male) • Jul 3, 2023
shebakesalot wrote:
I've used the Obedience app with a previous Dom. I loved that he could assign either a text prompt when I completed tasks or an audible prompt ("You're such a good little slut for me," etc). Fun times!

Oh thank you, I had no idea that is possible. will go and change some of her tasks.