Online now
Online now

Political differences

AlphaByDesign​(dom male)
2 months ago • Feb 13, 2024
AlphaByDesign​(dom male) • Feb 13, 2024
I will explain why I asked the question. I’ve had several people ask me, out of the blue, where I stand on abortion. When I have answered that question, they told me that would make us incompatible. So I was just trying to measure how serious this should be taken into consideration. I don’t particularly care where a person stands but apparently it’s an issue for some people.
TopekaDom​(dom male)
TopekaDom​(dom male) • Feb 13, 2024
Well, my main suggestion would be to limit your searches/contacts to s types in TX. Maybe Florida. In case you haven't seen it of late, there are some strong feelings about abortion outside those mentioned states.

The rest of the world just thinks we are nuts here.
aPeepingMom​(sub female)
aPeepingMom​(sub female) • Feb 13, 2024
Ooooohhhhhh, what a fantastic question and one I am passionate about in so many ways. Several people have already addressed my main issue when we start talking about politics: are we talking traditional "politics" or are we talking "moral values" championed by politicians? Because this has created a very muddy - and quite ugly - divide.

So I'll answer the original question this way: I would never be able to fully submit to someone whose moral compass does not align with my own. As a submissive woman, trusting my partner is the most critical element of the dynamic, and I need to trust that they do not view me as a lesser human being because of my personal, moral compass.

I typed out a much longer response, but decided that I should save it for a future blog as it's very personal to me and I don't want to highjack this great topic.
aPeepingMom​(sub female)
aPeepingMom​(sub female) • Feb 13, 2024
TopekaDom wrote:
Well, my main suggestion would be to limit your searches/contacts to s types in TX. Maybe Florida. In case you haven't seen it of late, there are some strong feelings about abortion outside those mentioned states.

Not everyone who lives in Texas or Florida believes the same way.

Signed,
The former Texan / current Floridian who believes in a woman's right to choose what to do with her own fucking body (outside of what my Sir stipulates based on our mutual agreement of what he does or does not control).
SnowMinx​(sub female){Owned}
AlphaByDesign wrote:
I will explain why I asked the question. I’ve had several people ask me, out of the blue, where I stand on abortion. When I have answered that question, they told me that would make us incompatible. So I was just trying to measure how serious this should be taken into consideration. I don’t particularly care where a person stands but apparently it’s an issue for some people.

It is likely to be an important issue for women. Men generally have the freedom to do what they like with their bodies.
Sincorrigible​(sub female)
Sincorrigible​(sub female) • Feb 13, 2024
TopekaDom wrote:

Sadly this is true. There is a an alarming sense that in parts of the US, you lot aren't much different to the Taliban.....

Book banning, women's rights, censorship..... Scary shit.

I partially grew up in relatively rural Indiana...My best friend from school, with whom I remain in touch, despairs of the state of the US these days.
Steellover​(sub male)
Steellover​(sub male) • Feb 13, 2024
It would depend on their core values. I have heard a lot of extremists whose views are completely non-palatable to me, and whose core values seem to embrace hatred, racism, GLBT/transphobia, and I could never be with such a person. Again, I'm not talking about "Conservative" or "Liberal," but with views that are irrational, negative, dark and extreme.

Plus, there are some who have very sex-negative views, believing that any kind of pleasurable erotic experiences are sinful, shameful, etc., due in part to their upbringing and whatever religious views they may have. I respect such views, though I obviously don't agree with them. But as a sex-POSITIVE person I would need to be honest with myself, in that I wouldn't be compatible with someone who holds these kind of puritanical views on sex.
lambsone
2 months ago • Feb 14, 2024
lambsone • Feb 14, 2024
I don't cross political lines in relationships, on important issues, because at the very base of politics are each person's moral compass. After all, politics are about people and how we choose to live in this country. We vote in politicians who will fight for what we want and believe the same way as us.

If I was considering a partner who had drastically different political views on important political issues, then I would have to move on. If our views were different on topics that were not of major importance, then I would continue to consider them for a partner.
ButterfliesAndCuffs​(sub female)
2 months ago • Feb 14, 2024
AlphaByDesign wrote:

In this example, no I would not be compatible with someone who didn’t share my belief on abortion. Being controlled is hot……..but only with consent.