Online now
Online now

Question For The Alphas Out There

TreasureMe​(sub female){Belonging}
1 month ago • Mar 10, 2024
@Lambstone I'm so sorry your forum has become a shitshow. Although not surprising, considering who's posted with such gross, entitled opposition. If anyone pays attention, this is what they feed off of...being rude and unkind to others while sitting on a high horse and saying that sitting on a high horse is what "Alphas" do. Hmm ironic. Don't let them get you down hun. They're most definitely not worth it and I'm glad you received some answers you were looking for.

@LilGirlLovesKisses You are an absolute gem in this community. Keep shining. I'll be here to enjoy your light.
Jason Jason​(sub male)
1 month ago • Mar 15, 2024

alpha sub

Jason Jason​(sub male) • Mar 15, 2024
sure, I get it - its a big title to call yourself an alpha it feels right for some of us, including me

JASON

aradialspire wrote:
TreasureMe wrote:
As far as I'm concerned, if you're not going to answer the question or don't consider yourself an alpha for whatever reason, maybe you should sit down and mind your business. Instead of being rude, sarcastic, and unproductive in the discussion.

And you have to understand that when you take on the mantle of a title that puts you head and shoulders above the rest, people will come for your neck.

I don't have a dog in this fight; I love beta males, they're A LOT of fun. I saw you describe yourself as an Alpha sub earlier because you're successful in life and demand someone just as successful and strong as you are to lead you. That's valid, and again you don't need *me* to validate it.

But you do have to pause and imagine the irritation if tomorrow someone started up the SUPREME ALPHA SUB because, you know, Alpha just didn't cut it anymore. People are constantly vying and jockeying for positions and will always bicker about this stuff. And we'll always be touchy about it when people pick at our thing. We have to remember that it's "our" specific thing and ignore them.

Hopefully, we'll get some people responding that aren't completely adversarial. But this is a discussion forum, and dissent is part of the discussion.
TopekaDom​(dom male)
TopekaDom​(dom male) • Mar 15, 2024
I have always thought the usage of "Alpha" in terms human sexality is rather laughable. Those that announce the fact of themselves are typically peacocks looking for attention. They really don't understand how Alphas in animal packs work. But I don't really care, as I use the use of it as a metric of someone who is capable and worth talking to.
lambsone
lambsone • Mar 15, 2024
I see Alpha as a positive description, if it doesn't apply to a dictator bent on selfish cruelty and power. Or someone in the workplace climbing over anyone to reach the top of the food chain.

I just saw the gripping movie Cabrini. When she met with the Pope, he expressed his concern about her ambition. Without a hitch she responded that the world was not big enough for all she wanted to accomplish. And then she proceeded to conquer the world. That blew me away. She never took no for an answer, and she conquered every obstacle in her path. Growing up Catholic (not any more) it baffles me that I've never heard of this woman. I believe that she was a Super Alpha. There's just no other way to describe her.

Good Alphas to me, possess a vision beyond the rest of us. They rally strong people around them, to accomplish missions that the rest of us would never imagine. They have large goals and plow through obstacles to accomplish them. The word "can't" never crosses their lips. They are innovative and often unorthodox.

I see Alpha as strength when the Alpha is determined to lead in a healthy way. I don't put them down. And there is no need to compare ourselves to them. They are part of the whole and without them the rest of us would end up living with a victim mentality for the most part. They push us to do more and be more than we think we can.

I'm thankful for Alphas.
Satindragon
Satindragon • Mar 15, 2024
First a public service announcement. Once a forum post has been published admin is the only way for it to be stopped or deleted. Comments are there to stay. I think they can be edited for a short amount of time, but cannot be deleted no matter how off subject, angry, or hateful they become.

Now to my thoughts on the term "Alpha". I am an Alpha female. Life made me that way. I choose to be the leader of my family. I raised three children on my own with no child support. I was involved in the martial arts for years. Not only was I a student but a teacher and a leader.

I can also be very submissive for the right man. My first Dom said he loved to watch me transform from his Satin to his Dragon on the dojo floor then back again by the time we got to the car.

You see you don't have to shout it from the rooftop's. It's the air of confidence that you carry with you everyday.

I couldn't be anyone other than who I am. Being an Alpha female doesn't make me a dominant nor do I try to dominate other people. It just makes me the strong independent woman that I am.
lambsone
lambsone • Mar 15, 2024
Thank you for your thoughts on being an Alpha, Satindragon.
TwinkleEyes
TwinkleEyes • Mar 15, 2024
I have been told I am alpha. I am self sufficient, in a position of authority at work, and have no need for income from another. I find that submission to me is about being able to relax, settle into my feminine energy, and not having to think.

I feel these types of terms are archaic way of explaining who we are as individuals. Originally set up for fraternity.
Jason Jason​(sub male)
Jason Jason​(sub male) • Mar 15, 2024
Well what a discussion, but to spice it up, I would add that in the context of this BDSM world I would call myself an alpha sub. An alpha even in the submissive relationship - it might sound contradictory but its me. If asked I could try to define it - the male alpha sub.
Sincorrigible​(sub female)
Sincorrigible​(sub female) • Mar 15, 2024
TopekaDom wrote:
I have always thought the usage of "Alpha" in terms human sexality is rather laughable. Those that announce the fact of themselves are typically peacocks looking for attention. They really don't understand how Alphas in animal packs work. But I don't really care, as I use the use of it as a metric of someone who is capable and worth talking to.

This. A filter for me.

Lambsone, I admire and understand the example you give(Knowing nothing of her or the film's truth of fictionalisation, but in terms of such a character's leadership/goal focus etc) . But I can never escape from the reality that the slice of humanity represented in the cage(or on other sites) might contain, at most, a single individual (if that) worthy of such admiration in the way you are talking here.

I would hate to think that anyone could fall for someone on the basis of that someone self defining as alpha in their marketing. I think observation of character and behaviour over many many months tells you just how great and calm a leader, an achiever, truly is. The really great ones.. Would shy away from self identifying as such. And in ds /ms terms, the best people to be in a dynamic with are the ones who take the dynamic, take you and your emotions etc, seriously. They might be in a career/life situation very few might call 'alpha', but I'd choose them any day over a millionaire fifty shades type alpha caricature.

And I agree with TD that it doesn't really relate to sexuality.
SnowMinx​(sub female){Owned}
1 month ago • Mar 16, 2024
Sincorrigible wrote:
TopekaDom wrote:

This. A filter for me.

Lambsone, I admire and understand the example you give(Knowing nothing of her or the film's truth of fictionalisation, but in terms of such a character's leadership/goal focus etc) . But I can never escape from the reality that the slice of humanity represented in the cage(or on other sites) might contain, at most, a single individual (if that) worthy of such admiration in the way you are talking here.

I would hate to think that anyone could fall for someone on the basis of that someone self defining as alpha in their marketing. I think observation of character and behaviour over many many months tells you just how great and calm a leader, an achiever, truly is. The really great ones.. Would shy away from self identifying as such. And in ds /ms terms, the best people to be in a dynamic with are the ones who take the dynamic, take you and your emotions etc, seriously. They might be in a career/life situation very few might call 'alpha', but I'd choose them any day over a millionaire fifty shades type alpha caricature.

And I agree with TD that it doesn't really relate to sexuality.

Very well said.