Online now
Online now

Subs with mental illness

subbme​(sub female)
1 week ago • Jun 14, 2024

Subs with mental illness

subbme​(sub female) • Jun 14, 2024
I have struggled with mental illness for a long time. I am just in the last year getting treatment. Are there any other subs who suffer? Does your Dom help and how?
juliankay
juliankay • Jun 14, 2024
hi to be frank - You're not alone in this—many submissives i have known and played with deal with mental illness, and it's important to have support both professionally and within the dynamic from your Dom/Daddy/Master.
To me a dom is worth his salt who will ( not allow) but ENCOURAGE you to share your feelings, struggles, and progress withhim so he ( your Dom) can understand and support you better...
comments?
JK
minxilicious​(sub female)
minxilicious​(sub female) • Jun 14, 2024
I have also been struggling with bipolar disorder for over 40 years. I'm glad someone brought it up. It never occurred to me to do so. TY
TwinkleEyes
TwinkleEyes • Jun 14, 2024
Everyone has mental illness. It’s part of life. Some of it transient and other mental illness is permanent. It isn’t specific to gender or title. I know several cis male D types on this site with mental illness. Anxiety and sadness can both be transient and permanent.

I think it’s about being transparently honest with yourself first and then your future partners. Find your tribe here and other places who accept you, love you, and keep you safe. Your support system. Coping skills are also huge.

Bravo, for being brave and sharing.
I'mME
1 week ago • Jun 15, 2024
I'mME • Jun 15, 2024
TwinkleEyes wrote:
Everyone has mental illness. It’s part of life. Some of it transient and other mental illness is permanent. It isn’t specific to gender or title. I know several cis male D types on this site with mental illness. Anxiety and sadness can both be transient and permanent.

I think it’s about being transparently honest with yourself first and then your future partners. Find your tribe here and other places who accept you, love you, and keep you safe. Your support system. Coping skills are also huge.

Bravo, for being brave and sharing.

@Twinkle
*Everyone has mental illness.*

THIS is what 'woke' psych fields are taught these days and in turn tell clients.

I call it the ''We All'' theory.

No, everyone does not have mental illness.
AlphaByDesign​(dom male)
AlphaByDesign​(dom male) • Jun 15, 2024
Most people that have mental illness in this community do so usually for one of 2 reasons. 1. They have been abused by someone in a previous relationship whether it’s romantic, or a family member or a close friend.

2. The second reason is because they engage in self destructive habits like drugs, alcohol, smoking or playing excessive video games nor do they have a proper diet or get enough exercise.

There are a few other categories but those are probably the most common reasons.
Sincorrigible​(sub female)
Sincorrigible​(sub female) • Jun 15, 2024
AlphaByDesign wrote:
Most people that have mental illness in this community do so usually for one of 2 reasons. 1. They have been abused by someone in a previous relationship whether it’s romantic, or a family member or a close friend.

2. The second reason is because they engage in self destructive habits like drugs, alcohol, smoking or playing excessive video games nor do they have a proper diet or get enough exercise.

There are a few other categories but those are probably the most common reasons.

And your qualifications are?

Your sample size is?

'this community' as opposed to?

Your post came across as rather judgemental as opposed to helpful or kind.
    The most loved post in topic
subbme​(sub female)
subbme​(sub female) • Jun 15, 2024
I’ve noticed personally that when a scene takes places between myself and my Dom it creates this space where my brain is turned off so instead of overthinking and dwelling on the bad everything is in the moment it’s my escape, I think my mental illness and needing an escape from it is what helped me to discover myself in a deeper way when I became involved in this community.My first experience with the BDSM community and the way I felt in the dynamic with a Dom completely opened my eyes to the calming escape it can bring to people not only subs but Doms as well.
TwinkleEyes
TwinkleEyes • Jun 15, 2024
Makes sense to me. The brain being overloaded with endorphines, shutting part of it down temporarily. Which can be a healthy thing as long as your D type is cognizant of your health issues and takes great measures to keep you safe. I’m glad you’ve found something that helps.