Online now
Online now

The Cage Chatroom

T slave​(sub female){Owned}
5 years ago • Oct 23, 2018

The Cage Chatroom

Where has everyone gone?

Is the room empty because of the new rules?

Even if there are a couple of names visible, no one is talking.

I miss the old days! Even though I would only drop by to say hello, I miss all of you crazy people!
Phanes​(dom male)
5 years ago • Oct 23, 2018
Phanes​(dom male) • Oct 23, 2018
Hiya t, I Myself pop in there several times a day to see who is in the room; most if the time it's just the usual lurkers who hang in there all day, every day. You never know when you will find the room with the number of people to chat wirh? It's become a hit and miss in coming into the room when there are people in it. I also believe that many people, both newcomers to the site see the chat link but it doesn't indicate how many people may be in it; perhaps thinking there is noone in there, so why bother going it? I do miss the number of kinksters there used to be in there in the past and myself, I am discouraged in trying to find the best time fellow kinksters may be in there.
Villanelle​(staff)
5 years ago • Oct 24, 2018
Villanelle​(staff) • Oct 24, 2018
The rules for the chatroom haven't changed - we've simply pinned them to the front when you enter. Chat usage fluctuates throughout the day with activity in the lobby and in private rooms. If 'chat' at the top of the screen is glowing, that means it's active. I highly recommend popping in and hanging out for a few minutes as you'll sure to have company before you know it.

By the way, I also encourage all of you to host discussions or casual chats of your own! Live chat is a really fun feature and there are loads of ways it can be used. Please feel free to be creative and make use of it icon_smile.gif
Phanes​(dom male)

Just Don't Get It

Phanes​(dom male) • Oct 24, 2018
*shakeshead* LOL Yes I understand the changes and the intent of each. However, I don't feel that O/our suggestions and/or concerns are being looked at objectively enough to understand what W/we as your members believe what works best for U/us. I don't believe I am not the only O/one who tends to believe this.

Once again, I will say this is one of the better sites I have been on and I do appreciate all you do to improve the site to make it better with the changes that you have made; but W/who would be better knowledgeble of what works best to give U/us when it comes to finding the enjoyment of the site? I would think your members? Just wishing to point that out. Again....great work otherwise. Thank you.
Villanelle​(staff)
Villanelle​(staff) • Oct 24, 2018
@Phanes,

Your suggestions are all being read, discussed, and considered as we move forward. Please don't think that if we disagree with you that means we are not concerned about what the community has to say. We are actively encouraging feedback both publicly (here) and in private conversations. We simply may draw different conclusions. That being said, everything is a work in progress and subject to re-evaluation as we move forward.

By the way I appreciate this more detailed response instead of your initial "shaking your head" and laughing. Which I found to be unhelpful and dismissive.
Phanes​(dom male)
@Evangeline

I do apologize for starting that post in the way I did. It was more so out of frustration because I simply couldn't rationalize why such a simple fix of the suggestion that many of U/us feel would be helpful in O/our continued enjoyment of your site simply isn't being done? As the saying goes 'Why fix something that isn't broke?" I felt the counter was very helpful when it came to knowing when the chatroom showed the peek times when most kinksters would be in there. Now it more of a frustration having to go in and out throughout the day in hopes of finding people to chat with. Counter productive. Sorry.
Fudbar​(dom male){❤️❤️❤️}

Another perspective.

While I can understand some of the frustrations at the unknown, I think the change s are positive.

Code of Conduct splash page:

Before, the TOS and Code of Conduct were kind of buried; one *should* have read them upon sign up, but it was clear some didn't, or played ignorant. Now everyone is clearly aware of the rules before entering.

Chat counter:

Yes, it does make it harder to find good chats. This is a GOOD thing. If one just wants chat and cam with fellow kinksters, there are much larger kink sites (ALT, etc) that are designed around this and feature more folks and variety there, cams, games, audio, etc.

It's shallow surface stuff that has nothing to do with kink. It's impossible to have a detailed and nuanced discussion about anything serious in a chat room. The format is too inpermanent. The changes force those who would normally just hop into chat into checking out more forms and blogs.

While chat has dimmed *a bit*, the quality and frequency of blog and forum posts has improved *dramatically* since early days.

Those discussions are nuanced and in depth. You can read, absorb and respond at a pace and length much more suited to serious discussion.

Those discussions are what distinguishes Cage as the unique boutique kink site that it is. Well, that and the lovely hand crafted artestianal moderation that currates the experience. (Ok, done with marketing lingo...lol)

Seriously, though...it's a good thing.

Also, if you REALLY need to know who's in chat, there are two obvious solutions that haven't been mentioned.

1) Keep a large contacts list with folks who you enjoy chatting with or follow. If more than 7 of your contacts are online, chat is probably hopping.

2) Schedule your own chat times and events. This has been done before with virtual munches here to great success. If there are that many folks that hate the change, post your common/preferred) available chat hours in a forum thread and encourage others to reply with same.. or start a theme night with a start time. Do one a day. Pick a "happy hour" time. Declare one day "Ladies Night" or "red text only". Have fun with it instead of pining over a feature change.

(BTW, if you think these tweaks are annoying, be glad you haven't been using OK Cupid over the past few years...lol.)
Phanes​(dom male)

Thanks for the Suggestiong Fudbar

@Fudbar, thanks for some of your suggestions. I will certainly use some of those ideas. Setting up virtual munches, planning theme nights, and add more kinksters on My follow list to who is online at given time. I appreciate the ideas. Thanks Much

Only wish that suggestion came to Me sooner. I would have planned a great virtual halloween munch/party for everyone to attend if they were interested? If anyone would be interested and like to get together and brainstorm of assisting Me in doing so, feel free to reach out to Me via email or bond....*smiles*