Online now
Online now

Age-Gaps - Attracting Interest in Older Men - Not Reciprocated

Fernweh​(sub female)
3 years ago • Nov 6, 2020

Age-Gaps - Attracting Interest in Older Men - Not Reciprocat

Fernweh​(sub female) • Nov 6, 2020
I keep attracting a lot of interest in men that are a lot (20+ years) older than me. I am not reciprocating the interest so I added to my profile that I am not interested in age-gap relationships but for some reason that doesn't decrease the interest. Any suggestions?

Last edited by * on Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total
Kara​(sub female){Dark Roast}
Been there, done that. Sadly, it seems that some men age, but the women they are attracted to stay the same age. My best guess would be to list a certain age in your limits section and also to define what you mean by an age gap. It won't completely fix the problem, but it will allow you to point people to your profile or not feel bad about rejecting guys who either don't read or think that they are an exception.
Redfoxmask​(dom male)
Redfoxmask​(dom male) • Nov 6, 2020
not sure if it would help but I read your profile all it says is you are not into age gap might help if you get specific as to how big the age gap is ex: 35 to 38 or 35 to 55 how small age gap you looking for ? might want to add that to the age gap in your profile just my 2cp.
IowaDom​(dom male)
IowaDom​(dom male) • Nov 6, 2020
I would have to agree, if you have something specific, be it age gap, or no DDLG or no whatever, and you are actively seeking a Dom or partner, I would suggest adding that, being specific as previously suggested, and as closely to the beginning of your profile or ad or whatever as possible while maintaining a good read.

For instance, if you definitely did not want Sadists for example, would you be surprised to be contacted by Sadists if they did not know that?
MrFulmen
MrFulmen • Nov 6, 2020
This isn't unique to age-gaps. There's a large number of men who simply do not respect what women want. If *they* want *you,* that's all they care about, and nothing you could say in your profile would matter to them.

Which sucks. It creates an obnoxious chore for many, many women to deal with. And it poisons the atmosphere of kinky/sexy spaces like this one. But on the upside you can be reassured that it isn't your fault. Your profile is perfectly clear.

Many women I know choose not to include sexy pictures in their profiles, and to bury things like age or relationship status in their description rather than setting the dedicated "Age" or "Status" fields. The mass of guys who don't care who you are tend to choose their targets based on pictures of butts, or searchable Age/Sex/Location kind of information. Someone who reads through a few paragraphs of text to find out who you are is somewhat more likely to respect what you want.
    The most loved post in topic
HuntertheYeenQueen​(dom femme){Allie Kat}
It's an unfortunate part of the internet - You can put info out there all day long and people will still ignore it. Men and women. It's not at all gender specific.

And not everyone of course. But there are a lot of lazy people out there.

I have it written out, clear as day, that I am NOT here to meet up with anyone, play, anything. I'm very happy in my marriage and, at least right now, I'm a monogamous person. Not interested. But I still get multiple messages a day from people asking me to Domme them.

Or even more frustrating, asking me to submit. Even with my role listed as Dominant.

I do agree with others that perhaps adding what your limit is could help. But be prepared for it to only lessen the number of messages, not make them go away entirely. I honestly don't know how much plainer I can make my statements and I still get messages.

Just keep that chin up, and remember that you do NOT have to talk to anyone you don't want to! I believe in at least being up front, so if I'm not interested in continuing a conversation I'll let people know. But I have definitely had my fair share of moments of ignoring conversations or even blocking people who were insanely determined to make me change my mind (Like that would happen).
coldfool​(dom male)
3 years ago • Nov 12, 2020

Re: Age-Gaps - Attracting Interest in Older Men - Not Recipr

coldfool​(dom male) • Nov 12, 2020
Fernweh wrote:
I keep attracting a lot of interest in men that are a lot (20+ years) older than me. I am not reciprocating the interest so I added to my profile that I am not interested in age-gap relationships but for some reason that doesn't decrease the interest. Any suggestions?

Hey, I'm 37 year old Dom and live on the east coast. Want to chat?
LordofPain56
3 years ago • Nov 13, 2020
LordofPain56 • Nov 13, 2020
Well, I dunno about other people, but prior to reading the forums, I saw your ad in the personals and looked at your profile. Soon as I saw the age gap thing, I knew I was dis-qualified and hit the back button.
Sorry honey! Too old for you I'm afraid. And that is that as they say.
Apocalypticbunny​(dom male)
Could you put it in your Hard Limits and mention in your about area you are only looking for a designated age range (though only mentioning it in your Hard Limits tests to see if they read that far).
Miki

Re: Age-Gaps - Attracting Interest in Older Men - Not Recipr

Miki • Nov 13, 2020
Fernweh wrote:

Can't blame the old farts for trying. It's biology, hard wired shit.. Bodies age but desires don't. Beyond a certain age neither man nor woman is very easy on the eyes.

And to be fair to the guys, I have seen the reverse, older women want that strapping young buck who can hammer them several times a night and squirt copious helpings of hot Man-naise all over them every time..

But, that having been said, that the "interest" doesn't ebb after you posted an age restriction is a function of a dude possessed of a thick skull.

And the obvious: A lot of folks don't read the profiles, at least not thoroughly. They see you on the "Online Now" feature and click the pic, scroll to "Send Message" and drop a note to your inbox.

It will fade in time, once the Pensioners of Prick realize they're spinning their wheels.

The oldsters I have met were all swell fellas and I enjoyed their intelligent converse once they realized a meet-the-meat session wasn't happening.

Of course they eventually disappeared.

These days my Inbox stays blissfully empty save for a dom or two who like conversation without expectation.

Disclaimer:

I'm a stone's throw from age 36 so I'm definitely out of the "supple yet firm vixen" zone.

But, fortunately for me and my rather unspectacular shape, gravity doesn't have a hell of a lot to grab onto and pull down.

Also that I say "Meet the Meat" sessions ain't happening has nothing to do with age gaps and everything to do with an instinctive aversion to online critters.

M