Online now
Online now

"Game Forums"

acquiesced​(sub male)
2 years ago • Nov 9, 2021

"Game Forums"

acquiesced​(sub male) • Nov 9, 2021
I see you've locked some of the forum topics as 'Game Forums', including the popular 'Just 4 Fun' ones. Can you give us a definition of what constitutes a Game Forum?

Thanks
acquiesced​(sub male)
Sorry, one of the golden rules of software is that you never remove features, especially popular ones. I'm suspicious that this is financially motivated. I for one am not happy.
Hisproclivity​(sub female)
I guess I am confused? It was never a "feature." This is a open forum area so I think they just want "games" in the blogs, not in the informative forums.
acquiesced​(sub male)
Blogs are different than forums in that they do not move to the top when there is an answer. They are fleeting, so it's not the same.
acquiesced​(sub male)
Hisproclivity wrote:
I would assume those that continue on? Consistently "playing" or adding answers. It looks like they want the forums for educational value.

I find that some of those answers say a lot about someone's personality and character in the kink world.
MelMell​(dom female)
MelMell​(dom female) • Nov 9, 2021
One of my biggest sources of joy in here were those forums games. I already miss some of them
LongerJohnny​(dom male)
LongerJohnny​(dom male) • Nov 9, 2021
While I can understand the reasoning behind this decision I wonder if there isn't a way to have both.

For example: upon entering the forum there could be the options "Debate and Discussion" and "Games" and each would lead to a different list of threads. This way we would not have to forfeit or lose track of either.

Keeping everything in the right areas could be tricky, but as long as there are clear descriptions and examples of what is allowed and what isn't it might work well enough.

Those games were fun, and often a good way to interact with people you might not ever even meet. It would be a shame to lose them entirely.
    The most loved post in topic
SirsBabyDoll​(sub female){Pizza+☕}
LJ,

I was thinking the same. I may not have participated in the games, but I know they were popular.

I'm wondering if the concern was that the focus was becoming more "casual bar games/socializing" rather than a place of learning and discussion. It may be that the vision the staff have for this place is to provide a place unlike other sites, more focused on depth of knowledge.
LongerJohnny​(dom male)
LongerJohnny​(dom male) • Nov 9, 2021
SirsBabyDoll wrote:

I'm wondering if the concern was that the focus was becoming more "casual bar games/socializing" rather than a place of learning and discussion. It may be that the vision the staff have for this place is to provide a place unlike other sites, more focused on depth of knowledge.

I think you are correct about that. But it is also a place of friendship and fellowship that would be diminished if we had fewer ways of sharing those with each other.
I suspect that this is why we two, and probably many others among us, were thinking that there could be both types.