Online now
Online now

LIMITS as stated in your profile

I'mME
11 months ago • May 6, 2023
I'mME • May 6, 2023
Sweetlydepraved wrote:
I don’t list my limits in public nor do I discuss my limits with just anyone. Blaring your limits out there for the world to see is just like tossing all your trauma out for everyone to examine. Those things are keys to your psyche and should be held close.

I agree with your thoughts on limits and the like, being a private conversation. There some were other steps to navigate reaching that conversation.
What are you in to? So what 000000000lo know are your kinks?
VernonKingsville
VernonKingsville • May 6, 2023
I agree that subs limits should change over time, but a fully aware Dom already know their limits.
Azzabackam​(switch male){PawPawGirl}
I can see why someone's limits could change depending on the situation. I've always taken the profile "limits" section as a way to list what will always 100% be a limit.

Like, I'm not interested in scat or piss play, no matter the situation, so I list it there. Anything that I'm willing to negotiate on, I'll negotiate on. But what's listed here is non-negotiable.
TopekaDom​(dom male)
11 months ago • May 7, 2023
TopekaDom​(dom male) • May 7, 2023
Because people are dicks.

Someone slides into a PM and starts talking about shit you don't want to hear about. Posting limits should keep things on an even flow.

That is, if they actually read AND comprehend what a given profile says.
I'mME
11 months ago • May 8, 2023
I'mME • May 8, 2023
VernonKingsville wrote:
I agree that subs limits should change over time, but a fully aware Dom already know their limits.

I'm quite sure that a Doms limits can' and so change.
autisticbarbie
11 months ago • May 8, 2023
autisticbarbie • May 8, 2023
Cool thread. I don't know what to write in the limits section either, so I mostly just talk shit or say something funny or dumb to entertain myself. When I first showed up, I tried to preemptively answer questions I was getting there. That didn't work, lol. I'd be all - no ass to mouth please and don't call me names that are not true because I'm just going to get annoyed unless you warn me in advance. Please don't disrespect me. No you can't poop on me, lol. I don't want to be added to your stable of slaves today, sorry - have a great day and I hope you find what you are looking for though.

The BDSM checklist confuses me too. I mostly filled that part out to make it clear that I can't deal with being mind fucked, weapons, or someone who is with multiple partners at the same time. Context is so important with sex and relationships. I'm one of those folks who is pretty open-minded to trying new things so at first I checked off a lot of stuff that I'd be willing to explore. Then folks would start sending me messages kink shaming me, lol. Haters gotta hate -- they are just doing their jobs lol.

Internet shit is complex - At least it's better than leaving the house haha
Byrdie​(switch female){rl only}
11 months ago • May 11, 2023
TopekaDom wrote:
Because people are dicks.

Someone slides into a PM and starts talking about shit you don't want to hear about. Posting limits should keep things on an even flow.

That is, if they actually read AND comprehend what a given profile says.

And, as often as not, when such discussions begin it usually leads to prolonged and highly descriptive prose about these acts. If these are acts that make me queasy, trigger me, or elect some other strongly negative response, I'd prefer to head those off as soon as possible.

If I change my mind, I'll edit my profile. Simple as that.

However, if someone's required experience is on my limits list, it just saves everyone some tie if that's already out there in the open. There are billions of people in the world: why waste time with incompatible ones?
Six Foot Four
11 months ago • May 12, 2023
Six Foot Four • May 12, 2023
Interesting thread.

In the early pages, some folks stated that for them, 'Nothing Illegal' means no kids or animals, but that's not what those words actually mean. Many disagreements are not about language both parties have agreed to but what people interpreted that language to mean. Nothing Illegal means if you go one km/mile over the speed limit, however briefly, you violated their limits. Or they violated their own limits or yours. If you've had sex outside the bounds of marriage in Michigan, that's a felony. Most amusingly, swearing at officials or players at sporting events in Massachusetts is illegal for adults, which I'm pretty sure means after every game the entire crowd owes fines. Have you MET a Masshole? icon_wink.gif Most of us aren't even aware of all the laws in our region, just the highlights. Can you see how someone who takes things literally could get into trouble here? You should at least TRY to be precise in your language.

I also think that your objective here on the cage dictates what you should be listing as limits. If you're looking for a play partner for tonight, then yeah, you probably ought to have Hard Limit activities A, B & C listed. Won't do those, not gonna budge. Otherwise, hot to trot! If you're looking for a regular, ongoing thing, you ought to list enough for folks to get a sense of where you're drawing lies. If you're looking for a life partner, then IMO it's more of a grey area. Maybe you should list your dealbreakers. Maybe you should get to know people one-on-one. A lot of people lead with sex or BDSM, which is your prerogative and appropriate on this website. At three in the afternoon on a random Sunday, do you actually like this person? What are your morals? Values? Goals? Objectives? Are you and prospective partner actually compatible or just interested in a few of the same kink/sex things?

Right now I just have "Yup!" on my limits section, because it's none of your beeswax. icon_wink.gif