Online now
Online now

Objectification : Yay or Nay?

TopekaDom​(dom male)
7 months ago • Sep 27, 2023

Objectification : Yay or Nay?

TopekaDom​(dom male) • Sep 27, 2023
And another thread within this forum, (playing without commitment), somebody mentioned that we, as humans are mentally and emotionally built for commitment that playing without commitment is psychologically incorrect. That we have to form some type of attachment to the person that we are playing with.

However, they got me wondering about objectification. For those not in the know, it is where the dominant treats the submissive as a thing. A piece of furniture and animal ,which is actually puppy play but there you are, some type of inanimate object.

For those of you who like doing objectification, what do you think? Do you form an attachment to the object that you are creating or do you treat it as again a thing?
tallslenderguy​(other male)
7 months ago • Sep 28, 2023
This is a complicated one for me. i think there can be a level of intimacy that runs so deep that it appears objectifying, but takes bonding to a different place, if not different level?
For instance, i have this long term fantasy of having a Top Who knows (we both know) that He has access to me 24/7, whenever His need/want arises. i imagine waking up in the night to the feel of Him penetrating me because He wanted to cum or piss. Some would consider that objectification to be treated like a "cumdump" or "urinal." But to me, it can also be indicative of a deep connection and bond that extends into more areas than traditional.

i'd perceive a stranger to do the same without permission as treating me like an 'inanimate object,' but not someone Who i was in intimate relationship with, to me it speaks of more intimacy, not less that it would otherwise imply?
    The most loved post in topic
LordofPain56
7 months ago • Sep 29, 2023
LordofPain56 • Sep 29, 2023
I suppose it depends upon your personal definition of BDSM and type of dynamic you want. I personally could never wrap my head around the idea of a girl being treated as an inanimate object. She is a living breathing thinking person with feelings, but then there are some like Alphadaddysub who craves this type of lifestyle. Thats fine for them if it fulfills both their needs. I place objectification in the same category as M/s dynamics. I can't wrap my head around treating a human as a slave. All people have free will as granted by God in the beginning. Eve bit the forbidden fruit in the garden of Eden then gave it to Adam to corrupt him too, but immediately afterward God commanded Adam "thou shalt dominate thy woman".
That is what I go by.
If two people are fulfilled in a M/s dynamic, that is their business and more power to them. It's just not for me. Same goes for objectification, but thats just me.
TopekaDom​(dom male)
7 months ago • Sep 30, 2023
TopekaDom​(dom male) • Sep 30, 2023
LordofPain56 wrote:
I suppose it depends upon your personal definition of BDSM and type of dynamic you want. I personally could never wrap my head around the idea of a girl being treated as an inanimate object. She is a living breathing thinking person with feelings, but then there are some like Alphadaddysub who craves this type of lifestyle. Thats fine for them if it fulfills both their needs. I place objectification in the same category as M/s dynamics. I can't wrap my head around treating a human as a slave. All people have free will as granted by God in the beginning. Eve bit the forbidden fruit in the garden of Eden then gave it to Adam to corrupt him too, but immediately afterward God commanded Adam "thou shalt dominate thy woman".
That is what I go by.
If two people are fulfilled in a M/s dynamic, that is their business and more power to them. It's just not for me. Same goes for objectification, but thats just me.

Most people now days can't handle it because it takes a great deal of thinking. Not all s types can do it and understand why it is being done. It takes a great deal of commitment from the s type's mental and emotional sides.

And yes all people have free will, but not granted by some fictitious old man in the sky bullshit. Free will comes from thinking and feeling. Part of submission is giving up part or all of that free will. The question is how much.
Miki
7 months ago • Oct 1, 2023
Miki • Oct 1, 2023
For some.. yea. Others.. nay. Personally I enjoyed it when I was active, but others.. not so much. Like anything else in BDSM land.. depends on the individual.

Someone already alluded to that but I thought I'd throw in my 2 cents.
I'mME
7 months ago • Oct 2, 2023
I'mME • Oct 2, 2023
TopekaDom wrote:
LordofPain56 wrote:
That is what I go by.

Most people now days can't handle it because it takes a great deal of thinking. Not all s types can do it and understand why it is being done. It takes a great deal of commitment from the s type's mental and emotional sides.

And yes all people have free will, but not granted by some fictitious old man in the sky bullshit. Free will comes from thinking and feeling. Part of submission is giving up part or all of that free will. The question is how much.

Topeka,

*Not all s types can do it and understand why it is being done. It takes a great deal of commitment from the s type's mental and emotional sides.*

Is the Dominant not part of this equation? If I am transferring my authority bit by bit over to a Dominant, then in my mind, they should be fostering and encouraging me in ways that bring about more trust, or ??????
happygigi​(dom female)
6 months ago • Oct 23, 2023
happygigi​(dom female) • Oct 23, 2023
I think the amazing thing about the psychology of it, (and humans as a whole really), is that we form attachments to just about anything. Including inanimate objects. I think the term is pack bonding.
Some people are very attached to their Roombas. Or they have a favorite mug, a preferred chair, weird knick-knacks and throw pillows they take with them any time they move.
Now apply that to a submissive/slave.

For me, objectifying my partner isn't about them being equivalent to a throw rug or a coatrack.

It's about them being the very best THING I own, a prized possession.
My pride and joy. Something I want to show off and say, "Look at this! Have you ever seen anything this great?"

The term 'object of my affection' comes to mind.

Anyways, I just realized I replied to another one of your posts earlier. Thanks for sparking discussion!

Take care,
Gigi
lambsone
lambsone • Oct 23, 2023
Topeka Dom wrote:
"And yes all people have free will, but not granted by some fictitious old man in the sky bullshit."

I am surprised that you have so grossly trampled on the beliefs of a Dom who is your equal. Not to mention offending his God and my God as well. We are supposed to respect the lifestyle of others. I can respect your opinion, but could you not have stated your beliefs in a more diplomatic manner? I know you are an Asshole, because you've stated it several times in forum posts which I have been enjoying, as well as your blog. But that just tells me that you have a conscience. I believe that you basically have goodness in your heart. I urge you to do what you can to make things right between you two brothers of kink. I am sure that LordofPain did not take your comment personally, but it's the principle of the thing and the fact that Doms are supposed to lead by example. And this phraseology was not leading by example IMHO.
Discount​(sub male)
Discount​(sub male) • Oct 23, 2023
I think in the way you look after you possessions and gain attachment to them you’d do the same with the sub objectified.

When you do objectification of someone they do become a living object, be it one that may require more maintenance. All things that come with owning something/someone potentially valuable go with it!