Online now
Online now

Hypnosis

Nitrev​(dom male)
1 month ago • Mar 4, 2024
Nitrev​(dom male) • Mar 4, 2024
In the midst of the magic shows and Hollywood fluffing, hypno has seen some uses and produced results in behavioral studies. That and with enough people that swear by it, here must be some legitimacy to the way it makes people feel, even if only a placebo.

It's not really surprising. With behavioral modification, training, and mental reinforcement, people can learn to see themselves in different ways through repetition, habitual development, rituals etc. These are all practices to train your mindset without even getting into the hypno and relyfe practitioners. Of course, reinforcing your mentality as a slave or a pet etc only works if you accept that that is what you want and what your reality is shaping to make you feel like. If somebody does not want it, then you shouldn't be "breaking" them to make them feel a certain way
Sincorrigible​(sub female)
Nitrev wrote:
In the midst of the magic shows and Hollywood fluffing, hypno has seen some uses and produced results in behavioral studies. That and with enough people that swear by it, here must be some legitimacy to the way it makes people feel, even if only a placebo.

It's not really surprising. With behavioral modification, training, and mental reinforcement, people can learn to see themselves in different ways through repetition, habitual development, rituals etc. These are all practices to train your mindset without even getting into the hypno and relyfe practitioners. Of course, reinforcing your mentality as a slave or a pet etc only works if you accept that that is what you want and what your reality is shaping to make you feel like. If somebody does not want it, then you shouldn't be "breaking" them to make them feel a certain way

The thing is, you can't 'break' someone in that way. But it can be used as a tool of manipulation by those who are seeking shortcuts. I liken it to people who are desperate for weight loss solutions and think popping pills etc will help(without dealing with the root issues, which imo is not self control or will power but industrially engineered edible substances, but don't get me ranting on that one...) I've 'met' too many blokes who see ds and bdsm as a desirable end result for them(free access desperate horny bitch) who simply don't know how to put in the work to create a great dynamic. The look for easy ways to achieve that.

There are plenty of us submissive types who find the idea of that... Control and power.... Appealing. Just that you can create those feelings in your submissive by virtue of hard work on both parts. It's a silly illusion that you can have it sustainably without that groundwork and time.

I agree with you totally about the power of tools like this to change mindset. But that's about personal growth and change, not manipulating someone for your own ends. I'm certain that hypnosis is used healthily in good dynamics. There's just too many icky blokes out there attempting to use it slimily.
Nitrev​(dom male)
Nitrev​(dom male) • Mar 4, 2024
Sincorrigible wrote:
The thing is, you can't 'break' someone in that way. But it can be used as a tool of manipulation by those who are seeking shortcuts. I liken it to people who are desperate for weight loss solutions and think popping pills etc will help(without dealing with the root issues, which imo is not self control or will power but industrially engineered edible substances, but don't get me ranting on that one...) I've 'met' too many blokes who see ds and bdsm as a desirable end result for them(free access desperate horny bitch) who simply don't know how to put in the work to create a great dynamic. The look for easy ways to achieve that.

There are plenty of us submissive types who find the idea of that... Control and power.... Appealing. Just that you can create those feelings in your submissive by virtue of hard work on both parts. It's a silly illusion that you can have it sustainably without that groundwork and time.

I agree with you totally about the power of tools like this to change mindset. But that's about personal growth and change, not manipulating someone for your own ends. I'm certain that hypnosis is used healthily in good dynamics. There's just too many icky blokes out there attempting to use it slimily.

I would argue that you can absolutely break someone, such as their spirit or their mental perception of themselves, but it has nothing to do with hypno and is not something you should do. It involves gaslighting and taking advantage of someone having a low mental constitution to make them think less of their worth and be more receptive to you. As you said, it's slimy, but there are people that believe that is part of hypnosis, same as any other kind of behavioral training can be misused as abusive.

We are in agreement that behavioral training tools and practices should not be used to manipulate people. It unfortunately is though, which is what I wanted to bring attention to and add the disclaimer that it should not be used as such. Even in vanilla circles propaganda pieces such as The Dating Game or various dating "gurus" or "whisperers" online are treating dating like some primal game of mental manipulation. It's gross, it's harmful, and just makes any interests in the person feel wholly disingenuous if someone feels they have to manipulate them into liking or obeying them
Sincorrigible​(sub female)
I think we're in complete agreement, Nitrev. đŸ’œHypno cant be used as such to break someone. But all those other things can be, and are, and hypnosis could of course be a part of their toxic recipe book. Comes under the banner of domestic violence /abuse. People post stuff here/on other kink sites all the time which reek to me of having crossed a very clear line into abuse territory.
lifeofdom​(dom male)
1 month ago • Mar 9, 2024
lifeofdom​(dom male) • Mar 9, 2024
As gain: seems that everyone here is focusing solely on the negatives...
Your perceptions, your opinions stem not from understanding vut from judgment.
As i mentioned before, i consider myself to be q curious person on this subject that will persue it at some point in life.
Not because i am trying to break someone's spirit, make them do things they dont want.
Definitely nothing that would not involve lack of discussion beforehand.
I have spoken with my sub that has accepted trying this .
If it doesn't go accordingly , then, it stops.
In the hands of an ethical person can do wonders.
In the hands of A careless one and one with lack of morals it can create destruction and lack of trust.
Stevevo​(dom male)
1 month ago • Mar 27, 2024
Stevevo​(dom male) • Mar 27, 2024
Cello Trance wrote:
Yes, and no. It's true, that not everybody goes into a trance through a hypnotist… That is true. And a lot of it can be, because they are resisting so much… But, on the other hand, if you watch television, if you look at advertisements,, you have been hypnotized. Advertisers know all the tricks. Your television is a hypnosis machine, and most people don't know it.

Here's the truth, trance is a very natural state. It's a good thing . People go into trance every day. If you're driving and miss your exit, cause you're kind of in a state… Guess what? You were in a trance. Happens every day. It's a good thing. It's a natural thing.

When I play music, when I play my cello. I usually enter a trance like state. What it is, is a bypassing of the conscious mind. Your conscious mind is kind of like the top of the iceberg, but beneath, the subconscious mind… Is a lot larger.

This sounds like you’re deflecting.

Hypnosis, NLP, persuasion, etc are all techniques that can be used however; you’re conflating them and trying to gaslight everyone to your own construct. This tells me and everyone else that you are manipulative and one to stay away from.
Satindragon
Satindragon • Mar 27, 2024
Stevevo wrote:
Cello Trance wrote:
Yes, and no. It's true, that not everybody goes into a trance through a hypnotist… That is true. And a lot of it can be, because they are resisting so much… But, on the other hand, if you watch television, if you look at advertisements,, you have been hypnotized. Advertisers know all the tricks. Your television is a hypnosis machine, and most people don't know it.

Here's the truth, trance is a very natural state. It's a good thing . People go into trance every day. If you're driving and miss your exit, cause you're kind of in a state… Guess what? You were in a trance. Happens every day. It's a good thing. It's a natural thing.

When I play music, when I play my cello. I usually enter a trance like state. What it is, is a bypassing of the conscious mind. Your conscious mind is kind of like the top of the iceberg, but beneath, the subconscious mind… Is a lot larger.

Hypnosis, NLP, persuasion, etc are all techniques that can be used however; you’re conflating them and trying to gaslight everyone to your own construct. This tells me and everyone else that you are manipulative and one to stay away from.

The OP's profile no longer exists.
I'mME
I'mME • Mar 27, 2024
Stevevo wrote:
Cello Trance wrote:

đŸ™€
Stevevo,

Why, I think I live from afar. Yes, I almost positive that I love you.
đŸ˜‚
TopekaDom​(dom male)
TopekaDom​(dom male) • Mar 27, 2024
What I really want to know is do I have to buy a special kind of watch to swing back and forth, or can any old watch do?