Online now
Online now

Alternative sites

Vidar
2 months ago • May 12, 2024

Alternative sites

Vidar • May 12, 2024
Is it just me or has the site been getting a little lame lately? Are people using another site? I'm not a big fan of Fet, but if anyone knows of a different site, I would love to try it out!
Steellover​(sub male)
Steellover​(sub male) • May 12, 2024
It may be just you; what is it about this site that you perceive to be lacking of late? I haven't noticed. Do you think forum participation has slacked off? I admit, I don't really look at the personals or use it as a dating site; I mainly peruse the forums and the blogs. It seems to be working for me.

As far as other sites, I am not on fetlife, I quit Alt.com over a decade ago (wasn't really worth the subscription price) and I was on collarspace but that is pretty much defunct. So this one's it for me.
Miki​(masochist female)
Miki​(masochist female) • May 12, 2024
Steellover wrote:
It may be just you; what is it about this site that you perceive to be lacking of late? I haven't noticed. Do you think forum participation has slacked off? I admit, I don't really look at the personals or use it as a dating site; I mainly peruse the forums and the blogs. It seems to be working for me.

As far as other sites, I am not on fetlife, I quit Alt.com over a decade ago (wasn't really worth the subscription price) and I was on collarspace but that is pretty much defunct. So this one's it for me.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hmm

I feel the same way. It's "me" as well, and in the end it's a subjective thing about "lame" days and "better" days at least on the Boards... What I might see as of no interest is of interest to others.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for "other sites", I checked out FartLife (quite some time ago, a few years perhaps) and it seemed at the time, at least, to be more focused on "Cum and Meet my Meat" kind of shit as opposed to what I have found / experienced in here.

I don't get involved in "personals", (now "Seeking" of course) I only post to forums and reply to the occasional messaging.

As for the other sites mentioned, as I only want to post to forum threads and respond to any messaging I definitely don't need to fork over to subscribe to Alt and while I just checked "collarspace", while it is not actually defunct, the layout and such looks like hell..... Again, just my opinion.

I'm quite used to and comfortable with this site and on "lean" days in the forums, it's a bit like limp dicks, I'll have a go later or another day, something is bound to come up.
lambsone
lambsone • May 12, 2024
This place ebbs and flows, probably pretty much like life. I have to be careful not to use it as a diversion from real life, or to entertain myself. I like good thought provoking discussion but I can also get addicted to it and want it beyond normal life.

I've had to take breaks when things are dull or I've neglected my responsibilities in real life. Sometimes I just come to quickly see if anything interesting is happening and don't even sign in. And sometimes it takes awhile for folks to respond to something that's said too.

You can always attempt to liven it up with your own topics of discussion in the forums and your own blog.
    The most loved post in topic
MisterAshmodai​(dom male)
MisterAshmodai​(dom male) • May 12, 2024
While I don't know that the site has suffered in any individual way, I have noticed that it has undergone the typical progression that occurs when any similar site grows in popularity and public awareness, namely the increase in touristy practices. New members create profiles, then after a short period of activity, stop logging on. Whether this be from only passing interest or from excitedly riding off with the predictable wave of initial interest they get from exploitative members, the result is the same clogging of the general site flow. Nothing can really be done about it.
In the case of those who believe they have found exactly what they are looking for within hours of creating a profile, they will likely be back online in a few months, hopefully with a sharpened eye for quality and understanding of the process. They may even stick around long enough to engage in a forum or two.
As with everything else in this lifestyle, patience is a virtue worth employing.
As far as answering your actual question, I'm not one who is usually out in front of the newest and best sites to utilize, but remembering that every site will inevitably go through the same rough patches may make it easier to stick it out.

Last edited by * on Mon May 13, 2024 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total
zipties​(switch female)
zipties​(switch female) • May 12, 2024
Maybe it's the fresh spring air... and people have gone outside to play!

Always have been waves of people coming and going... some needing a break from the online world vs the struggles of day to day.
Garv​(dom male)
Garv​(dom male) • May 12, 2024
It seems that a number of people find this site, create a profile, don't find what there looking for and we don't see them again. Browsing the “Find Friends” listings I found many (it seemed like most) haven't been seen “for a long time” or “one year ago”. There seems to be a group of “regulars” that hold this site together, the rest come and go.
Like others, I enjoy reading the blogs and forums, maybe I'm a voyeur of the written word. :-}
SageFlame​(sub female)
2 months ago • May 13, 2024

Spring

SageFlame​(sub female) • May 13, 2024
zipties wrote:
Maybe it's the fresh spring air... and people have gone outside to play!

Always have been waves of people coming and going... some needing a break from the online world vs the struggles of day to day.

I agree with zipties perspective. Spring is a surge of outdoor activity in the Americas; Gardens, Lawn and Landscaping and Hiking. For students and instructors the school year just ended and a surge of travel usually ensues as well. I am sure there are many other contributing factors as well.

I agree that activity is sluggish and a drastic change from last year. I have a Fet account but only to keep tabs on the calendar for events.
Miki​(masochist female)
Miki​(masochist female) • May 13, 2024
Garv wrote:
It seems that a number of people find this site, create a profile, don't find what there looking for and we don't see them again. Browsing the “Find Friends” listings I found many (it seemed like most) haven't been seen “for a long time” or “one year ago”. There seems to be a group of “regulars” that hold this site together, the rest come and go.
Like others, I enjoy reading the blogs and forums, maybe I'm a voyeur of the written word. :-}

I have seen that over the years, people sign in, find it's not what they expected and vanish like farts outdoors without a trace, not bothering (or not knowing they can) either deactivate or remove their accounts... so, as I have actually experienced on a site I just never got around to posting on, they keep a profile indefinitely. For whatever reason, a website won't remove a profile that has been inactive even over the span of years. But, at any rate, I have not kept track of who comes or goes, I only remarked that at times there are a lot of topics I can relate to and comment on while other times the topics aren't my bag of bones.

-----------------------------------------

Hey, Garf... nice to see you're a connoisseur (voyeurs are generally slime) of the written word. For me it's more than just my primary means of communication but a vast source of thought-provoking or just enjoyable entertainment.

You're a true prince among.... honorary zombies
Aquarius Dom​(dom male)
Aquarius Dom​(dom male) • May 13, 2024
As with most sites a huge percentage of the activity is happening outside of the public gaze, not everyone blogs or posts updates!
The more visibly active you are the more attention you will get !

Fetlife is great for events
Fetish is busy but a bit of a mixed bag though it has a good chat room facility
Alt not worth paying the subscription
Fabswingers is just a meat market nowadays

Just my two penn’orth 💙