Online now
Online now

Boldily Physique

tallslenderguy​(other male)
2 years ago • Mar 14, 2022
Majority society and culture seems to swing to extremes. There was a time when "fat jokes" were mainstream humor, even comedians would exploit their own size in a self deprecating way. The pendulum has swung the other way and now one is considered "shaming" if they mention weight. i think some of the people saying "you don't need to lose weight" are just floating in the mainstream of current culture.
Some are indeed 'weird' and clueless (in my book) when they include comments about your breast size.

This is a topic of particular interest to me as a healthcare professional with specialized certification in reversing disease through diet. As a critical care nurse, i'd say easily 85% of the people i care for in the hospital are there for diet related diseases. Truncal adiposity (i.e., fat around the middle) has long been known in healthcare as a marker for metabolic syndrome (conditions that increase risk of diabetes, heart disease and stroke).

Society is kinda missing the point, it's not about appearance, it's about our health. To much fat in our arteries and on our organs causes dementia, heart disease, stroke, erectile dysfunction, type two diabetes, reflux disease... and the list goes on.

It's a tough topic because food is a big part of our socialization and pleasure/reward experience... prolly only second to sex in that respect, and it's a lot easier to order pizza than it is to find a fulfilling sex partner.

Exercise and diet are important for our health, yay you for attending to yourself.
Little Vixie​(sub female){Mgh30}
2 years ago • Mar 14, 2022
I'm slowly getting to where I want to be. It makes me feel good being to hit certain goals. I just think it's weird that people immediately, without knowing me, tell me that I shouldn't do it because I'll be losing my breast size.
Mx Blake​(dom gender fluid)
2 years ago • Mar 15, 2022
You are well within your right to want to maintain your overall health. Physical health leads to mental heath, thus taking up an exercize routine that makes you feel better both physically and mentally is fantastic. Ignor the negative comments and keep on the path that makes you happiest.
sweetbutsour
2 years ago • Mar 15, 2022
sweetbutsour • Mar 15, 2022
Little Vixie wrote:
I'm slowly getting to where I want to be. It makes me feel good being to hit certain goals. I just think it's weird that people immediately, without knowing me, tell me that I shouldn't do it because I'll be losing my breast size.

The internet is never short of weirdos. These boys don’t look at women as human beings with mind and souls but some objects for their sexual fantasy. Ignore or block them.

I lost 5 lb recently and got back to my pre-covid level. It feels so great to not feel bloated. Hope you achieve your health goal soon.
Steellover​(sub male)
2 years ago • Mar 16, 2022
Steellover​(sub male) • Mar 16, 2022
tallslenderguy wrote:

This is a topic of particular interest to me as a healthcare professional with specialized certification in reversing disease through diet. As a critical care nurse, i'd say easily 85% of the people i care for in the hospital are there for diet related diseases. Truncal adiposity (i.e., fat around the middle) has long been known in healthcare as a marker for metabolic syndrome (conditions that increase risk of diabetes, heart disease and stroke).

Society is kinda missing the point, it's not about appearance, it's about our health. To much fat in our arteries and on our organs causes dementia, heart disease, stroke, erectile dysfunction, type two diabetes, reflux disease... and the list goes on.

Exercise and diet are important for our health, yay you for attending to yourself.

I've highlighted the portions of your post I think are key: Keeping a healthy body weight should be more about maintaining good health and an active lifestyle, than simply "Looking good in a speedo/bikini" or whatever. There are far more potentially serious consequences to being overweight than simply being less attractive to the opposite sex- and I think more people should focus on those consequences when it comes to motivating themselves to lose weight.

And as for "Fat shaming..." Dont. It's just counter-productive. Unless you are a doctor and they are your patient.
LordofPain56
2 years ago • Mar 27, 2022
LordofPain56 • Mar 27, 2022
This may not answer your question directly, but it was God's intent that we not only be good stewards of the earth, but that we should be good steward of our own bodies.
I used to have a long profile in which one of the rules said "Thou shalt be subject to keeping thyself clean, pretty and in good physical condition".
Myself, being slim, tend to be more attracted to a girl in good shape, and besides, I prefer small breasts. More than a mouth-full is too much for me.
Hey, I'm a guy.
IowaDom​(dom male)
2 years ago • Mar 27, 2022
IowaDom​(dom male) • Mar 27, 2022
People have a way of telegraphing their true motivations, regardless of what self serving compliments or suggestions come from their words. Since we are on a bdsm site (obvious huh? lol) ... lets view it from that perspective.

1. Your losing weight is a personal goal that you very much want to achieve
2. It would also be a good choice for you mentally and physically

So what Dom (bar the ol insta dom) would even begin to think this a negative, or try to dissuade you from it? ESPECIALLY because the shallow draft assclown wants your tits to his specification? Consider the messenger, then treat the message accordingly ... imho ...

~ID~
I'mME
2 years ago • Mar 31, 2022
I'mME • Mar 31, 2022
Weirded out? I do not get weirded out. My take on people commenting on stuff that is none of their business is that there are several ways one may respond.

The first is no response.

The second is these are not your boobs so I will do with them as I like.

Something along those lines.
Servant James
2 years ago • Mar 31, 2022
Servant James • Mar 31, 2022
You should be applauded for wanting to get into shape and look your best. I have also been on that journey to loss some extra pounds and so far have lost 50-60 pounds over that past 3 years. I still have some more to lose and I keep working at it. Extra weight contributes to a number of health problems such as diabetes, hypertension, heart disease etc. So never mind what people are telling you about your breast size, you are doing this for your own health and that is all that matters.
Sasa​(dom female)
2 years ago • Apr 1, 2022
Sasa​(dom female) • Apr 1, 2022
I learned that some people not only reduce and objective others, there are also some unfit people who might start to feed you. Please, do what feels good for yourself and don't care about the rest. If a person, whatever name he might give himself, doesn't like you the neck up, he isn't worth your time. Just enjoy your process and be healthy and fit