Online now

Puzzled over the idea of "soft" floggers

TopekaDom​(dom male)
7 months ago • Sep 10, 2023

Re: Puzzled over the idea of "soft" floggers

TopekaDom​(dom male) • Sep 10, 2023
I'mME wrote:
By heavier, do you mean more thuddy?

Yes. The Elk and other non cow seems to me be more thuddy to me.
Satindragon
7 months ago • Sep 11, 2023
Satindragon • Sep 11, 2023
Elk, suede and deer all seem to have a softer texture. Most have more falls and a heavy thud on impact. So maybe they are referring to the texture. Rope floggers can also have a soft texture but when you add knots it becomes more harsh.

Just my thoughts
Sparkz
Sparkz • Sep 11, 2023
I have a flogger that I consider “soft” it’s made of an almost suede like leather. I bought it when I was trying to get my husband into bdsm as a training flogger because he was very scared about hurting me and needed to practice aim and getting comfortable with it. No matter how hard you crack it it really doesn’t sting.
bigandsmall​(sub female)
bigandsmall​(sub female) • Sep 11, 2023
Sweetlydepraved wrote:
I don’t know about soft floggers unless you mean the one that makes me think “Is this supposed to be doing something?” I guess a soft flogger could actually be a way for my sadist to torture me by not hurting me, but other than that I see no point.

Hahaha this made me laugh because I am not the only one who feels this way. That feeling that makes you wanna say " Get On With It Already... sheesh"
Bunnie
Bunnie • Sep 11, 2023
“Soft” flogging can be a nice warm-down. Some soft, almost flowing taps (with a soft textured flogger) over areas that have been worked pretty hard, can add a nice touch of sensation play and bring a body full of tingles and goosebumps icon_smile.gif
Having said that, a nice warm hand run over those areas as the Person admires their work, is still probably my favourite though.
    The most loved post in topic
TopekaDom​(dom male)
TopekaDom​(dom male) • Sep 11, 2023
Bunnie wrote:
“Soft” flogging can be a nice warm-down. Some soft, almost flowing taps (with a soft textured flogger) over areas that have been worked pretty hard, can add a nice touch of sensation play and bring a body full of tingles and goosebumps icon_smile.gif
Having said that, a nice warm hand run over those areas as the Person admires their work, is still probably my favourite though.

That is what the Bear Claw is for my dear
LordofPain56
7 months ago • Sep 13, 2023
LordofPain56 • Sep 13, 2023
I have both "soft" and "mean" floggers, some of which produce either a thuddy sensation or sting profusely. Some of these are homemade.
The best soft flogger I have is made from a cutoff broomstick (as the handle) with several falls of suedelike purse-straps inserted into a hole drilled in the end of the handle. Even if you swing it hard, it barely produces a thud, but it's great to play with.
I also have a storebought suede flogger that produces a good thud having thirty square falls of suede. It's a pretty heavy whip and the tails are 30 inches long. If you stand back enough to let the ends of the tails contact the breasts, belly or ass it can make a really good thud even if you don't swing hard, (but I like to swing hard, hehe). I catagorize it as a soft whip because the material is soft, but you can make it hurt. I love the way it causes the breasts or ass cheeks to bounce and causes the belly to cave in when the tails strike.
The "meanest" flogger I have is a pon-pon flogger. It has long falls of flat pon-pon plastic material and can make a girl's heart leap when the tails strike. That whip is for punishments only.
I have a shorter rubber flogger that can give a similar sting if you swing it hard enough, but can be used to tease with a light thud with a softer swing.
Anyway, those are just a few of my favorites.
idClare
7 months ago • Sep 17, 2023
idClare • Sep 17, 2023
Soft floggers. More thuddy, less stingy.

It’s not so much the species of leather as the length, width, and number of tresses or falls. It lands with more displaced surface area.

Soft floggers are nice for transitioning or warming up and cooling down the area..

I always picture being in a car wash…..LOL
Shaded​(dom male)
7 months ago • Sep 17, 2023
Shaded​(dom male) • Sep 17, 2023
They make floggers out of elks? Blimey! Don't the antlers sting a bit?
BiChubAgePlayer​(switch butch)
7 months ago • Sep 18, 2023
I feel like the soft ones are for the thuddier, deeper throws that penetrate muscles and promote relaxation as opposed to some other aims for masochists or bottoms\subs in mind. The sting-ier the falls, the shallower I want to land.