Online now
Online now

Do you consider yourself Property

TopekaDom​(dom male)
22 hours ago • Oct 21, 2024

Do you consider yourself Property

TopekaDom​(dom male) • Oct 21, 2024
This mainly a discussion for viewpoints from the s types: male, female, non binary, or other genders:

Those that are owned:

Do you view yourself as property to those you are collared to?

I get not all s types identify as slave, but no matter what label you subscribe to (if any), so you feel as if you are their property to own and safeguard? If not, why not?

Those that are unowned:

Would you view yourself as property should someone afix a collar around your neck (or wherever)? Would you accept a collar if that was one of the conditions that came with said collar?

Discuss:
lambsone
21 hours ago • Oct 21, 2024
lambsone • Oct 21, 2024
I depends on who I am committed to and the type of dynamic we create between ourselves. But yes I have been someone's property in the past.
DidiRN​(sub female)
14 hours ago • Oct 21, 2024
DidiRN​(sub female) • Oct 21, 2024
My, admittedly limited, understanding is the term "owned" is generally a M/s thing. However, as BDSM is constantly evolving and is interpreted differently by everyone I imagine it is very much up to the s-type that is going to be "owned".

A word only has as much meaning as you give it. Therefore, to me at least, whether being owned is positive or negative is based on the people in that particular dynamic. If they decide that that is how they want to view things, and it works for them, then good for them.

While I don't identify as a slave the thought of belonging to someone, to be wholly theirs, brings up such longing that it hurts sometimes.
    The most loved post in topic
Sincorrigible​(sub female)
11 hours ago • Oct 22, 2024
Sincorrigible​(sub female) • Oct 22, 2024
Well this is a very interesting topic.

I'm pondering how I perceive the difference between the concepts of 'Mine', ownership, and property.

I get the feeling I shouldn't see a difference, but I do.

Perhaps that's to do with my perception as a woman in her fifties that property these days isn't something you necessarily care for properly, cherish, maintain. We live in a consumer society of waste, disposal, replacement. People tend to fix things less.. You just get a new one.

I am much more comfortable, aspire to, being owned. Being someone's "Mine". And being told such, is immensely erotic. As is the concept of being owned. I wouldn't in fact want a ds dynamic where I didn't feel those two things.