1 month ago. Mon 28 Jan 2019 07:00:08 PM IST
One of the best things about THE CAGE is the opportunity to meet kinky people from all over the world. If you're looking for a playmate, pet, the love of your life, or something else, putting together an interesting personal ad can help you find your match. Here's a few tips that will help you get noticed.
First of all, the rules:
- Please do not include phone numbers, emails or other contact information in your ad.
- As with the rest of the site - it is not allowed to publish offers or requests for sex or domination for a fee, or to advertise any type of financial transaction.
- You may post a maximum of two ads in two forums of your choice.
- Ads submitted on weekdays are usually approved and published within 24 hours. Ads submitted on weekends and holidays will be typically be published on the next business day.
- The Cage editorial board reserves the right to refuse to publish any ad as we see fit.
Tell us a bit about yourself and what you're looking for, but don't forget to include what you have to offer. This is particularly important for submissives. Dominants are likely not going to be interested in an ad that consists soley of a submissive's long wishlist of services they expect a dominant to perform to the sub's satisfcation.
Grammar and punctuation count. Take a moment to proofread your ad. It's your introduction and should reflect some care and consideration.
Allow your personality to shine through. Include a few interesting details that might intrigue or amuse.
Keep your ad snappy and succinct. You can always direct people to your profile or blog for more details.
Make sure your ad is in the correct category. "Misc Ads", and "Kinky Dating Ads" are for those who are looking for something outside of a singular Dominant/submissive dynamic. If your ad doesn't fit elsewhere, these are the categories for you.
Duplicate ads should only be used if they apply to more than one category. For example if you are a submissive seeking a male or female dominant it would be acceptable to post in both "Seeking Dominant Women" and "Seeking Dominant Men".
As mentioned in the rules above, outside contact details are not allowed in personal ads. If you include your phone number, email, or social media account link, your ad will not be published.
We have new members joining us every day. Don't be disheartened if you don't get an immediate response to your ad.
Did you know you can "bump" your ad every day? This let's others know that you are still actively seeking. Just click on "My Ad" and you'll see the following:
If you have tips about what you like to see in a personal ad, please include them in the comments. Good luck to everyone in their search!